Community Forum

HDMI Handshake July 2020

Highlighted
New Poster

HDMI Handshake July 2020

Is there a known resolution for the HDMI Handshake issue?

I am a newer customer just signed up last month and so far I am very unhappy.

However, I will stay on topic as I hope any comments will also be relative. I am creating a new post to try to get an answer not a bunch of repetative rants.

My Vizio television is not seeing the signal, I tried a newer Vizio TV and it's not working either. Meaning the signal from the device or the "Handshake".

How can possibly run any updates when I cannot see the screen. The service tech on the phone said she tried but nothing happened. 

This is not a customer service issue this is a technology issue that should be addressed immediatley I cannot believe an issue would be so rampant and so low level.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: HDMI Handshake July 2020

@drew3696 wrote:

Is there a known resolution for the HDMI Handshake issue?

I am a newer customer just signed up last month and so far I am very unhappy.

However, I will stay on topic as I hope any comments will also be relative. I am creating a new post to try to get an answer not a bunch of repetative rants.

My Vizio television is not seeing the signal, I tried a newer Vizio TV and it's not working either. Meaning the signal from the device or the "Handshake".

How can possibly run any updates when I cannot see the screen. The service tech on the phone said she tried but nothing happened. 

This is not a customer service issue this is a technology issue that should be addressed immediatley I cannot believe an issue would be so rampant and so low level.

I have two vizio TVs with set top boxes (2 others with roku devices). turn off power save, set screen saver to 7 hours (no off setting so far). if it happens again (should be very rare) use the Vizio remote to change HDMI inputs to something else then back to the DVR. Some TVs don't respond well to HDMI inputs that just disappear. I also changed my reboot time for the set top box to the latest setting so no way it can time out on screen saver before I'm up and the TV is back on. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!