Community Forum

HBO Max Streaming & data cap

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

HBO Max Streaming & data cap

I'm seeing instructions for logging onto HBO Max via a web browser. I'm seeing Comcast agents touting the service is included at no extra charge to X1 HBO subscribers. Since there is still no HBO Max app available on the X1 boxes my question is: Does streaming HBO Max on either a phone/tablet/computer or smart TV count toward the data cap on the Comcast internet service? If it is eating up the data on our internet then it can't be said to be included at no cost. When there is an app available on the X1 boxes will the data used by the app apply toward the amount of capped data on Comcast internet service accounts?
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: HBO Max Streaming & data cap

Included means no subscription cost, fine print=data rates apply. Any internet apps (HBO Max will be one) count

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you. Looks like I'll just be sticking with standard HBO then. That's too bad. Does streaming "On Demand" shows and movies use internet data too or are those part of the TV service so they don't impact data usage?
Highlighted
Expert

@Embers wrote:
Thank you. Looks like I'll just be sticking with standard HBO then. That's too bad. Does streaming "On Demand" shows and movies use internet data too or are those part of the TV service so they don't impact data usage?

linear numbered channels and regular on-demand through the X1 menu (not including TVgo channels nor TVgo on-demand) is from Comcast internal servers and do not count toward your CAP (if a CAP applies).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!