Community Forum

Guide Will Not Hold Settings

Highlighted
Contributor

Guide Will Not Hold Settings

I go into the X1 Guide settings and select Free To Me under the guide view. Is there anyway to make this a default? It changes anytime I open the guide.

 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Guide Will Not Hold Settings


@Homerec130 wrote:

I go into the X1 Guide settings and select Free To Me under the guide view. Is there anyway to make this a default? It changes anytime I open the guide.


using the X1 remote, press the xfinity button, select the gear (settings), go to preferences and then select general. go to default guide view and press ok and select your default guide option. working?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Guide Will Not Hold Settings

That is what I am doing. However, if I turn the unit off, I have to go through and go back through the same process again. It should be a setting that holds in the system like the one to make the font larger.

This does it on the master box (DVR) as well as the two remote units.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Guide Will Not Hold Settings


@Homerec130 wrote:

That is what I am doing. However, if I turn the unit off, I have to go through and go back through the same process again. It should be a setting that holds in the system like the one to make the font larger.

This does it on the master box (DVR) as well as the two remote units.


the set top box saves your settings on that set top box. how are you turning off the set top box? they are designed to be on 24/7 extremely low power consumption.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Guide Will Not Hold Settings

The boxes remain on. One box is a blue light, the other green. Plus I have the DVR. All are on surge protectors with a battery backup. I use the on/off switch on the remote to turn the tv on and off. The boxes remain on.

 

It looks like the remotes are XR15 v2 remotes.

 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Guide Will Not Hold Settings


@Homerec130 wrote:

The boxes remain on. One box is a blue light, the other green. Plus I have the DVR. All are on surge protectors with a battery backup. I use the on/off switch on the remote to turn the tv on and off. The boxes remain on.

 

It looks like the remotes are XR15 v2 remotes.


on both boxes use voice command 'about'. reply with each box's STB Version (like to right of STB Version). 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Guide Will Not Hold Settings

We got X11 remotes today (older X1s) with the larger buttons and keys. The settings appear to now stick