chard11's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 8th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Fast forwarding tips

So I've been using DVRs pretty much since their inception and I find fast forwarding past commercials on Xfinity recorded shows frustrating to say the least. I've used various devices and streaming devices and Xfinity's playback controls are not the worst but definitely not the cream of the crop. While fast forwarding recorded shows, it sometimes jumps back a few seconds when hitting the play button and sometimes it does not.  Fast forwarding speed does not seem to matter, it's inconsistent and is becoming increasingly frustrating. In researching this issue, I found that some remotes can be reprogrammed from a 5 minute skip using the pgup button to 30 seconds but it did not work on mine (exit exit exit 0030). I have an XR15 remote. Help!!!!

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@chard11 wrote:

So I've been using DVRs pretty much since their inception and I find fast forwarding past commercials on Xfinity recorded shows frustrating to say the least. I've used various devices and streaming devices and Xfinity's playback controls are not the worst but definitely not the cream of the crop. While fast forwarding recorded shows, it sometimes jumps back a few seconds when hitting the play button and sometimes it does not.  Fast forwarding speed does not seem to matter, it's inconsistent and is becoming increasingly frustrating. In researching this issue, I found that some remotes can be reprogrammed from a 5 minute skip using the pgup button to 30 seconds but it did not work on mine (exit exit exit 0030). I have an XR15 remote. Help!!!!

the exitx3 0030 is using a remote to set the set top box not to set the remote.. you must be watching live TV with no menu element on the screen. then quickly press exit exit exit 0030

i will go into a search and that is OK just hit exit button to remove the menu. now the page up will be 30 seconds forward and page down will be 15 seconds back. if you are still having trouble, use the voice remote and 'about' and rely with the rest of the line to the right of "STB Version...."

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Rustyben I've tried this watching live TV, but before I can type in 0030 the search window pops up.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the instructions. I figured out what I was doing wrong, which was waiting for something to appear on screen until I punched in 0300. Not very intuitive but this is Comcast we're talking about. lol

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

mine reset today and this code is no longer working :(

(edited)

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

@ubernaut when a new firmware is loaded it is common for the feature to randomly stop working (it is programming the set top box and apparently on first reboot after firmware the option is not loaded and used). the fix is an overnight reboot (automatic) or a power unplug restart of the unit leaving it unplugged for 2-3 minutes then plugging back in. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here