Community Forum

Error message "Currently Internet content isn't recordable"

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Error message "Currently Internet content isn't recordable"

I get this message when trying to record King of Queens repeat episodes. Before I started getting this message, the DVR had already recorded over 100 episodes. It is set to record new and repeat episodes. It will record a single episode with this this error but not the entire series. I have unplugged and rebooted the box. I have contacted customer service. They ran some diagnostics and refreshed some signals which was of no help. I then got the standard "we will escalate this issue to our expert team and you will have a fix in 48-72 hours." Well it is two weeks later and still no fix!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Error message "Currently Internet content isn't recordable"

The “current internet” message is just copy and awareness for customers. Should have no impact on your scheduled recordings.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How do I post publicly? I thought it was.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

You did post publicly, that’s a general statement not directed at you

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastChad It does have an impact though. This particular show will no longer record as a series. I only have the ability to record the show one episode at a time.

Highlighted
Official Employee

What I was saying is that message has nothing to do with the recording issue. If you notice, that message is displayed on all record options overlays. It’s a generic message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastChad  thanks for the clarification. I had never paid attention to that.