Community Forum

Error code xre 03059

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Error code xre 03059

I am sick and tired of paying all this money for cable and channels not working.  I cannot get Fox 29 from Philly on my TV.  When your store opens I will be returning the cable box.  

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Error code xre 03059

Do whatever you need to but that code is for a tuner issue. Meaning there is something impeding the frequency of the channel that you’re trying to watch. Have you done any troubleshooting at all?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I am getting 03059 on nearly all channels below 1411.  The weird thing is that I can record a program from one of the 03059 channels that is unreachable, and it will record perfectly.  No exceptions.  So I now watch programs on these channels by recording them and beginning watching a couple of minutes later.  I will not tolerate this for long, however.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Again, that code means your equipment can’t tune in the frequency of some channels. You see the recordings as they are cloud recordings of the channel when it can’t physically be seen. Have you done any troubleshooting on your own. Generally it won’t fix itself

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

I did an online chat with a guy named Dustin.  He tried a number of things and ended up giving me an outdoors appt today (coronavirus).  I figured the recording must be cloud, didn't make sense otherwise.  I did forget to mention here that SD channels work fine, but, of course, it switches to HD if there is a corresponding program.  I'll report later.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

SD and HD would be on different frequencies. On your side, make sure cables are tight and in good repair and remove any unnecessary splitters