Community Forum

ESPN3

Highlighted
New Poster

ESPN3

How do I watch my daughters college soccer game on ESPN3 from Beijing, China?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: ESPN3

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/watch-college-sports-espn3-x1?pc=1

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

@CCAndrew wrote: https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/watch-college-sports-espn3-x1?pc=1

The link doesn't really answer the question, which was: is ESPN3 streaming available outside the USA for Comcast customers? Typically, international streaming is not allowed.

Diamond Problem Solver

They would need to use the ESPN app if they’re out of the country. That part has nothing to do with Comcast

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

You can select the Xfinity button on your remote, and select 'Sports' from the menu to see all live games. This will include ESPN3 events if you have HSD with Comcast.

Alternatively, you can say "ESPN3" in your voice remote.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

@ComcastAl wrote: You can select the Xfinity button on your remote ...

Please note that the OP asked about access to ESPN3 from Beijing, China.

Official Employee

You cannot live stream events outside of the USA. It is possible to download certain programs and movies using the Stream app to watch anywhere, but unfortunately this wouldn’t extend to live sporting events given licensing restrictions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

@ComcastAl wrote:
You cannot live stream events outside of the USA. It is possible to download certain programs and movies using the Stream app to watch anywhere, but unfortunately this wouldn’t extend to live sporting events given licensing restrictions.

how about getting the ability to stream ESPN+ events via the X1 boxes, not just ESPN3

Official Employee

We are always evaulating and adding new apps to the X1 platform. 

Regular Contributor

@ComcastAl wrote:

We are always evaulating and adding new apps to the X1 platform. 

well consider this as much suggestion if you can pass it along up the chain

Regular Contributor

If you are taking requests - it would be nice if the X1 apps included a way to play local content on your home network, like a plex or kodi app or other media player.   I realize this is probably not a priority for a company selling services, but it would be one less reason to need a competing device.