Community Forum

Deleting content from DVR

Highlighted
Contributor

Deleting content from DVR

I watch TV on my Mac. I record shows, watch them and delete them. Apparently that doesn't delete them off the X1 DVR. If I delete them off the DVR using the TV Remote on my iPad then they also delete from the Mac (presumably that is cloud stored). That's fine. What I need is to go the other way, in other words delete them on the Mac and that also deletes them from the DVR. How do I make that happen.  

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Deleting content from DVR

@RickCunn wrote:

I watch TV on my Mac. I record shows, watch them and delete them. Apparently that doesn't delete them off the X1 DVR. If I delete them off the DVR using the TV Remote on my iPad then they also delete from the Mac (presumably that is cloud stored). That's fine. What I need is to go the other way, in other words delete them on the Mac and that also deletes them from the DVR. How do I make that happen.  

deleting on one deletes on the other. may take 5 to 30 minutes depending on server busy times.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Deleting saved content on my Mac (stream) does not delete the content on my DVR. Deleting it on the DVR does delete it from the stream. I have hundreds of shows dating back months to manually delete off the DVR. That. old DVR content does not show on the Mac.
Highlighted
Expert

@RickCunn wrote:
Deleting saved content on my Mac (stream) does not delete the content on my DVR. Deleting it on the DVR does delete it from the stream. I have hundreds of shows dating back months to manually delete off the DVR. That. old DVR content does not show on the Mac.

the home physical DVR has a hard drive. the Mac does not use/see that hard drive it only can see the cloud DVR.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Contributor

So I am gueesing then the record options record to both cloud and DVR.  Hmmmm......

Highlighted
Expert

@RickCunn wrote:

So I am gueesing then the record options record to both cloud and DVR.  Hmmmm......

yes, fully independent recordings