Community Forum

DVR records "NEW" and "REPEAT" programs, even though it is set for NEW programs only

Highlighted
New Poster

DVR records "NEW" and "REPEAT" programs, even though it is set for NEW programs only

Many recordings that I have set to record "NEW EPISODES ONLY" and a "SPECIFI"C channel also record that same program when it repeats later on that week on the same channel.  This appears to be because the repeats are not marked as "REPEAT" in the guide.  In fact, they are not NEW or REPEAT showings. So, apparently the DVR assumes it is a NEW program and schedules it to be recorded.  Very frustrating!

I believe this is a known problem, so why can't XFINITY add some DVR option to correct this?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: DVR records "NEW" and "REPEAT" programs, even though it is set for NEW progr

@TheFabSab wrote:

Many recordings that I have set to record "NEW EPISODES ONLY" and a "SPECIFI"C channel also record that same program when it repeats later on that week on the same channel.  This appears to be because the repeats are not marked as "REPEAT" in the guide.  In fact, they are not NEW or REPEAT showings. So, apparently the DVR assumes it is a NEW program and schedules it to be recorded.  Very frustrating!

I believe this is a known problem, so why can't XFINITY add some DVR option to correct this?

currently as you discovered, if not marked 'repeat' it is recorded so we as customers don't miss a new episode.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: DVR records "NEW" and "REPEAT" programs, even though it is set for NEW progr

Thank you for the reply.

What's frustrating is that XFINITY doesn't have a workaround.  For example, I know I can set a one-time recording by timeslot, eg. 8:00-9:00 every Friday on channel x, but I can't record it as a series with the same time and day criteria.

Is there anyone that I contact to request an enhabcement so that I can record a series by either:

- day/time/channel

- "NEW" only - not those which are UNMARKED or are REPEAT.

Highlighted
Expert

@TheFabSab wrote:

Thank you for the reply.

What's frustrating is that XFINITY doesn't have a workaround.  For example, I know I can set a one-time recording by timeslot, eg. 8:00-9:00 every Friday on channel x, but I can't record it as a series with the same time and day criteria.

Is there anyone that I contact to request an enhabcement so that I can record a series by either:

- day/time/channel

- "NEW" only - not those which are UNMARKED or are REPEAT.

on the last line, unmarked is treated as new. repeat-flagged won't record if set to new. you can set one time recordings for date/time and channel manually. won't repeat.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!