Community Forum

DVR recordings disappeared

Frequent Visitor

DVR recordings disappeared

All my recordings prior to 12/31/2018 disappeared today without me deleting them.  Is there another problem that has occurred with the cloud recordings or has the daily update just removed older recordings?

There was was sufficient space so please don't tell me that they were deleted to make room for new recordings. 

New Poster

DVR deleting programs without my input. Told is volume limit

I noticed my DVR box recently deleted a number of movies and shows. One was recorded in past month and partially watched in past week so I know is not over a year. Chat says Dvr is limited to 59 hours (cloud and box) so deletes over that.
My understanding was that box was much larger than cloud and I recorded in SD so should hold more. So either it has changed or something else is going on.
A little history. A few months back I also had a loss of many shows and movies at the time I had two shows with several seasons and some movies (definitely over 50 hours) and was near 85% on tv. After they were gone I have added a few shows and have not been over 25%.
Does anyone know if there has been a change to box to just 59 hours since last year. I have also had occasional freezes on my box - could it be a box issue?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR deleting programs without my input. Told is volume limit

@Fec1 wrote:
I noticed my DVR box recently deleted a number of movies and shows. One was recorded in past month and partially watched in past week so I know is not over a year. Chat says Dvr is limited to 59 hours (cloud and box) so deletes over that.
My understanding was that box was much larger than cloud and I recorded in SD so should hold more. So either it has changed or something else is going on.
A little history. A few months back I also had a loss of many shows and movies at the time I had two shows with several seasons and some movies (definitely over 50 hours) and was near 85% on tv. After they were gone I have added a few shows and have not been over 25%.
Does anyone know if there has been a change to box to just 59 hours since last year. I have also had occasional freezes on my box - could it be a box issue?

I lost some of my recorded shows when I replaced my DVR with the new 4k DVR.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Valued Contributor

@Fec1 wrote:

View documentation

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-overview

Stored Recordings

Storage Capacity: Currently, the X1 DVR can record 50 total hours of HD and/or SD programming.

Keep Your Recordings: You can keep your recordings for up to one year, but you may need to erase some recorded programs from time to time in order to make room for new ones. You can change the recording option to For 1 Year if you want to be able to watch them over and over again.

• If your DVR storage is full of recordings saved for one year and you attempt to schedule a new recording, you will be notified that your storage is full and will be unable to start a new recording until you delete an existing recording.

New Poster

Thanks.   I saw that but I still see references on the Xfinity site to the DVR box having 500GB of storage space (which should be more than 50 hours).

I also saw this on the Cloud DVR FAQ (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs)

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs

Notes:

• You have 60 hours of X1 Cloud DVR storage available for each X1 DVR TV Box on your account. If you exceed the 60-hour limit, your most recent recordings will replace older recordings unless the older recordings are marked as Save for 1 Year.
  • Because your X1 DVR TV Box has approximately 150 hours of local storage, not all recordings available on your TV Box will be accessible from X1 Cloud DVR.

Expert

Re: DVR recordings disappeared

@shimadk1 wrote:

All my recordings prior to 12/31/2018 disappeared today without me deleting them.  Is there another problem that has occurred with the cloud recordings or has the daily update just removed older recordings?

There was was sufficient space so please don't tell me that they were deleted to make room for new recordings. 

do you have more than one DVR? did you try rebooting the DVR? do the old recordings show up using the Xfinity TV remote app?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

We only have 1 DVR and it was rebooted as soon as we noticed the recordings disappeared.

The recordings on the remote app also show that everything recorder earlier than 12/31/2018 have disappeared without us deleting them.
Expert

@shimadk1 wrote:
We only have 1 DVR and it was rebooted as soon as we noticed the recordings disappeared.

The recordings on the remote app also show that everything recorder earlier than 12/31/2018 have disappeared without us deleting them.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee. I hope that is not so long ago that logs do not exist.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, shimadk1 - Thank you for posting in our community! We usually can't go back more than 3 months to check the recording data but I can review your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name (if different) as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Link doesn’t work
Highlighted
Expert

@shimadk1 wrote:
Link doesn’t work

you will need to touch the sign in link at top right of any forum page in order to see the write PM message link (otherwise the link is not there).

Official Employee

@shimadk1 - Your PM feature is enabled. Please make sure that you are signed in to Xfinity Forum. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

how was this resolved ours did the same thing and when we call in they can not tell us what happened.

Official Employee

Hi, alittlenglish! Welcome to our community! As I mentioned in our previous post, we usually can't go back more than 3 months but I can check your account. I got your private message and will reply back asap. 

Frequent Visitor

Never resolved. It happened again last month and everything from December 31 - March 31 disappeared. Xfinity is not taking any responsibility for the problem and only suggests rebooting the DVR and updating
Official Employee

@shimadk1 - My apologies for your experience. I asked you to send me a private message back on March 18th and haven't received a reply or PM since then. 

Regular Visitor

This happened to me too.  I had 37% full on my DVR, then yesterday I went to watch a recorded show and it was only 4% full.  I live alone so no one deleted it here.  

Was there a resolution?  Clearly it happened to a lot of customers.

thanks

Frequent Visitor

Clearly it’s a problem that xfinity/Comcast doesn’t want to acknowledge or take responsibility for. It happened to me twice since March and no explanation was ever given.
New Poster

The same thing happened to us!!! Comcast needs to fix this ASAP!
Regular Visitor

is anyone looking at these posts?

Official Employee

Hello all, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused. After 1 year, the old recordings on your cloud DVR will automatically be deleted. Are you experiencing this on the more recent recordings as well? 

Regular Visitor

Yes, it's happened for more recent recordings than 1 year.  Additionally, I'm not even sure the 1 year timeframe you reference is accurate, as I have had movies recorded on my dvr for nearly two years that had stayed there this entire time up until last week.

Regular Visitor

I’m having this exact same issue. Recordings on my cloud DVR are randomly disappearing from all DVRs and the cloud (online). I’m at well under 50% on my DVR, the recordings are less than 6 weeks old, and I’ve set the series to not delete until 1 year. Very frustrating as holding onto shows and trusting them to be there is the whole point of paying for DVR service. Please help. 

Official Employee

Hello @NickC32, @phila20fan and others who may be affected.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing. We've confirmed this is a known issue. I'd be more than happy to link each of your accounts to this investigation. In order to do so, I will need you to send me a private message with your first and last name so I can access your accounts. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Regular Visitor

PM sent to you.

Official Employee

Thanks @NickC32. I just got to it and will be replying in a sec. Thank you. 

Regular Visitor

Hello I'm having the same issue with my DVR. Our percentage on the DVR has disappeared as well. Can you help? 

Official Employee

I most certainly can @hawkleaf. Now that you have made a public post, please follow the steps above to send me a private message. If possible, please provide as many details about the recordings that are missing so I can pass this info along to the engineers that are investigating. Chat with you soon. 

Official Employee

That was fast @hawkleaf, lol. I will be replying soon. 

Regular Visitor

I have this issue also. In addition, I don't see the option to send PMs. (I am registered and signed in, btw).

New Poster

All my recorded shows have vanished, and it isn't even letting me look at saved shows.  It is like the dvr has vanished completely from the account.

New Poster

@ComcastAmira wrote:

Hello all, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused. After 1 year, the old recordings on your DVR will be deleted. Are you experiencing this on the more recent recordings as well? 

Yes, NONE of my shows that have disappeared are more than 2 months old.

Expert

@PranaXf wrote:

I have this issue also. In addition, I don't see the option to send PMs. (I am registered and signed in, btw).

since you have now made a public post the ability to msg is automatically turned on. sign in and then click on the Comcast's username.

New Poster

Hi, I'm having same issues. Please advise what I need to do to be included in resolving my DVR issue with recent recordings just disappearing from my DVR. Thanks.
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem. More than half my recordings were deleted. It was a mixture old ones from last year and new.

Official Employee

Hi All, thanks for posting about your missing recordings. Please send me a private message with your full name so we can begin troubleshooting. 

Ken

Regular Visitor

This has now happened to us as well. Shows from the past few months just gone. DVR space dropped from 50% to 10% overnight, shows from years ago still available. Called customer service, no help. I guess we are just [edited].

Official Employee

Hello @djbown13, thanks for visiting our Forums! It's upsetting to hear that your DVR recordings are no longer showing available. I'm happy to see you are working with a separate agent on a separate platform. 

Regular Visitor

They were unable to help. I don’t understand how so many of your customers can have the exact same issue and your entire company has no idea what is going on or how to help. It’s inexcusable. 

Official Employee

@djbown13, I do see that agent is having this further investigated for you. Please allow us time to have this looked into on the backend. Thank you and we truly appreciate working with us through this, as well as your patience. 

New Poster

I had the same issue with Comcast deleting half of my DVR shows. When I called them, they said it happened to other customers and it was an accident. I do not believe that! I think Comcast should admit they are removing them. For whatever reason, it is DISHONEST!!!
New Poster

We have had the same issue with movies and shows suddenly disappearing. There is no rhyme or reason to which get deleted. We have older shows still on and recent ones deleted. Please help.
Regular Visitor

I had the same issue.
New Poster

Hi,

All my DVR recordings have disappeared overnight. The recordings are only a month old and have disappeared in the last 24 hours. When will the recordings be restored??? 

Silver Problem Solver

@bah14 wrote:
I had the same issue with Comcast deleting half of my DVR shows. When I called them, they said it happened to other customers and it was an accident. I do not believe that! I think Comcast should admit they are removing them. For whatever reason, it is DISHONEST!!!

There are other threads in this forum about this issue; Comcast is working the issue.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hello, everyone!

As stated earlier by ComcastChe this is a known issue at this time. Our teams are currently looking into this and are working on a fix. The investigation report was updated today and our research teams indicated that they are hoping to start pushing the fix in some areas within the next month or so if all goes well. We will continue to update this thread as the investigation is updated. 

Regular Visitor

“Some areas” in “a month or so”??? Is that a joke? Presumably we will all be reimbursed for our DVR service fees until it is resolved, plus the past few months since the service was unreliable for those months as well. 

New Poster

Happening to us here. Every recording, including stuff recorded last night -- as well as all of the SCHEDULED recordings we had set up! -- are all gone. Everything. Every. Thing.

This is apparently epidimic, uncontrollable, and getting worse.

Congratulations, Comcast. You've reached new heights of complete and total incompetence.

@ComcastTambrey wrote:

Hello, everyone!

As stated earlier by ComcastChe this is a known issue at this time. Our teams are currently looking into this and are working on a fix. The investigation report was updated today and our research teams indicated that they are hoping to start pushing the fix in some areas within the next month or so if all goes well. We will continue to update this thread as the investigation is updated. 

Official Employee

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing. Myself and a few other peers I know are also missing some recordings so we can  understand how it can be affecting your entertainment needs. I had something that recorded and I can no longer see it on my end either. Although we mentioned an approximate time frame, we are actively working to have this fixed as soon as possible. Unfortunately, no compensation will be provided for this known issue. 

New Poster

Recordings and Scheduled Recordings Gone

I turned on my X1 box today and all my recordings were gone and all my scheduled recordings had been cancelled. It’s only my wife and I and no one else has access to the box. Is there anyway to retrieve our shows??