Community Forum

DVR not connecting after Comcast maintenance last night

New Poster

DVR not connecting after Comcast maintenance last night

My internet and phone are back working, but my TV is stuck on one channel and I cannot get the restart to work from the Comcast Account app for my main DVR.  When I try to access the guide or change channels without the guide, I get the error "We're having trouble connecting to the internet." Code RDK-03033.

Any advice?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR not connecting after Comcast maintenance last night

@boilerphan wrote:

My internet and phone are back working, but my TV is stuck on one channel and I cannot get the restart to work from the Comcast Account app for my main DVR.  When I try to access the guide or change channels without the guide, I get the error "We're having trouble connecting to the internet." Code RDK-03033.

Any advice?

One thing to try, but you have have to call Comcast:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-system-refresh

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Did you pull the power and plug it back in?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

@CCAndrew 

No, I haven't.  I had to step away on some errands.  I will try it later.  Thank you.

New Poster

@RobertWy 

I tried this earlier but I get the same error as trying to access the help/guide menus.  Thanks for the response.

New Poster

I keep getting the same thing.  I have had 2 technicians come out in as many days.  They changed cables and I got a new DVR.  It actually made the situation worse. The service is no good.  This has been an ongoing problem since I have had it several years ago.  Verizon is not in my neighborhood.