CDR933's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Tuesday, April 28th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

DVR is recording repeats, not just new shows.

For the past four years we have been recording new nightly episodes of news, without incident. All of a sudden, the "new" show is recorded, but so is the repeat episode later in the evening. It is clearly marked repeat in the guide. What could have caused this to change?

I've rebooted the box. and deleted and reset the recording for the show. Nothing has helped. What next? I keep wondering if it is a programming/coding  . It seems to have happened after one of the daily updates.

Thank you.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@CDR933 wrote:

For the past four years we have been recording new nightly episodes of news, without incident. All of a sudden, the "new" show is recorded, but so is the repeat episode later in the evening. It is clearly marked repeat in the guide. What could have caused this to change?

I've rebooted the box. and deleted and reset the recording for the show. Nothing has helped. What next? I keep wondering if it is a programming/coding  . It seems to have happened after one of the daily updates.

Thank you.

use your Xfinity remote > saved > scheduled. press down and find the next show being recorded. is it marked new/repeat or nothing? check several more in the upcoming until you run through the different times. are any scheduled to record marked 'repeat'?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having the same issue.  All of my shows settings have new shows only. Thus I shouldn't get repeats.  Earlier this week it recorded a slew of SVUs from various years. Apparently there were a bunch  shown on USA network, not NBC where the new shows come. Also, yesterday  I got a Chicago Med from earlier this year. This cane on NBC, which carries the new shows.  There have been a number of others also. 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I have this issue as well.  It records duplicates on different channels when it doesn't show new or repeat, just a generic description.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

No , none  are scheduled to record repeats. Did I mention that this changed spontaneously, without any interference from either of us? And now to add insult to injury, I see the shows are now recording on the several of the HD channels, at the same time, again with no changes from our end.  This is almost certainly a system/coding issue. I called Xfiinity help, and the consultant suggested that we swap out our box. However we would lose all of the recordings we already have, which we do not want to do. This just cannot be a box failure...there are too many system issues. As a systems analyst by training, my spidey antenna are up.....

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I agree with CDR933.  I noticed last night there are now scheduled recordings which I didn't set, like an old NFL football game and WWE.  The only thing in common was the date time, Saturday at 8:00 PM.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Still happening to us but only on one show on pbs. Odd.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

closed dead thread. feel free to make new post

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here