Community Forum

DVR does not record buffered portion of a live program any more

Regular Visitor

DVR does not record buffered portion of a live program any more

Recently, I noticed that if I have been watching a show from the beginning on my X1 DVR/TV set top box and decide to record it to keep for later, it only records from the point of when I clicked the record button.  Even if I navigate back to the beginning of the show and hit record there, it only records from the current time.

Previously, it recorded whatever I had buffered, which was a great feature.  I searched previous posts and saw this was an issue back in 2015.  I know that not too long ago, I was able to include the buffered portion of the show, which was a fantastic feature.  I've tried recycling my set top box just in case there was a syncing issue.  That has not helped.

What has happened?  More importantly, will the feature reture?

Thanks.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: DVR does not record buffered portion of a live program any more

The X1 platform hasn’t had the ability for almost 5 years.
The feature that used to record the buffered portion of a live program was removed when Xfinity aligned their cloud based services.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: DVR does not record buffered portion of a live program any more

I only ask because I was able to do it as recently as a month ago, and had been able to do it from the time I got my new X1 box (about four months ago).