jaykahl's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 13th, 2019 5:00 PM

Closed

DLNA client for X1 to access Win10 media server????

I have been using my win10 box as a media server using DLNA services to view the movies on my PC on my tv's and other devices. Today we switched to Xfinity with the X1 service (cloud dvr etc.) and i don't see any built in apps that support this.  But i keep hearing it exists.

Any tips???

All i want to do is be able to access my computer from my Xfinitiy enabled TV.   I AM using Xfinity for my internet access and running my home network through their gateway device.  I will soon be purchasing my own gateway.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

There aren’t any X1 apps for that, and none to add

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

There are no apps for the X1 boxes to access local content.  You'll probably need to buy a roku, fire stick, or similar device if your TV doesn't have native apps.  Or string an HDMI cable over from a PC.

I agree it would be a big plus if the X1 could run Kodi, Plex, etc.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:

On the other hand it would reduce the need for people to buy alternative devices that provide access to vast amounts of competitive content.   But, with most TVs these days having their own apps it is almost irrelevant.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

I believe you can access Plex through the Amazon Prime app but have never personally tried it

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

Wow's 'Ultra' system included a media player that I found useful when I had their service too, although now I've replaced the TV with one that has its own apps.     With Xfinity you'll need a roku, fire stick or similar device, or connect a laptop up with an HDMI cable.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

That's too bad, one of our tv's is older but our DISH converters (Hoppers) had an app that connected to my pc through DLNA and played videos off my PC.   My main tv does it natively.   i was hoping Comcast had all the newest features.  Especially as i'm using them for internet.

i don't need anything like Kodi, just something that reads my local network shared files.  And since the x1 is part of the network, i assumed they had it working.  Sad to find out.  As was yesterday's 8 hour outage of TV, phone and net for 2500 customers in my area.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here