Community Forum

Craziness with audio. Problem apparently can’t be diagnosed.

Highlighted
New Poster

Craziness with audio. Problem apparently can’t be diagnosed.

About a week ago sound went crazy on numerous channels. One has noise like a jackhammer. Several last a secon or two and then go silent. Many have switched on their own from English to Spanish and can't be returned to English. Many channels in the 210-217 range and all HBO channels. Maybe some others. Last joke of a person I talked with said I clearly had fiddled with my TV and that clearly the month-old X1 box couldn't be at fault. Tomorrow I'll go trade in the junk box and get a replacement. BTW, the secondary small box that mates with the primary has no such problem.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Craziness with audio. Problem apparently can’t be diagnosed.

Did you try switching locations of the two boxes and see if what you’re experiencing follows the box or not

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

No, I didn't try that. 1) Wasn't suggested that I try that. 2) Was interested in keeping the primary box where it is. What would I learn from switching the two boxes?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Switching is just for troubleshooting purposes to see if what you see follows the box or not. Doesn’t have to be permanent

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!