Community Forum

Comcast XR15 Remote to control Audio Receiver power on/off

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast XR15 Remote to control Audio Receiver power on/off

I paired my xr15 remote to my tv (lg) and audio receiver (bose) and now I can power both on with the universal power button.  The issue is sometimes the audio receiver turns off and I cannot power it back on without using the all-on power button, and naturally that powers off the tv when i power on the reciever. I would like to have a power on button option for the audio reciever in addition so that i can power it on without powering off the tv.  How can I do this.  I am trying of course to not have to use my bose audio remote control at all and use just the xfinity xr15 remote.  Can I program one of the ABCD buttons on the xr remote for this?  Thanks 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Comcast XR15 Remote to control Audio Receiver power on/off

Sorry, no, the button’s abilities can’t be changed.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Ok thanks helpful but unfortunate.  Can you or someone help me with another solution that will solve my problem?  How can I power on the aux audio device without powering off my tv?  I am trying to use just one remote, which i believe is the intent of the remote

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

The XR15 only has only the one power button. If just turning off the receiver is what you want, keep your receiver remote handy

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!