Community Forum

Cloud DVR recordings missing after switching cable box

cceddunc
New Poster

Cloud DVR recordings missing after switching cable box

Hello, my cable boxes were recently swapped out for the new Xi5/Xi6 wifi boxes. Since switching all of my previous cloud dvr recordings no longer appear. They are not over 1 year old so they should still be there. How do I get them back? 

I've tried to view other posts with the same question, but every time I click other posts I am redirected back to the main forum page, so I can't see what others wrote or how their issue was solved.

Rustyben
Expert

Re: Cloud DVR recordings missing after switching cable box

@cceddunc wrote:

Hello, my cable boxes were recently swapped out for the new Xi5/Xi6 wifi boxes. Since switching all of my previous cloud dvr recordings no longer appear. They are not over 1 year old so they should still be there. How do I get them back? 

I've tried to view other posts with the same question, but every time I click other posts I am redirected back to the main forum page, so I can't see what others wrote or how their issue was solved.

the cloud DVR had a capacity of the last 60 hours recorded. A change was or is in progress to make that 150 hours. You can see the cloud recordings available even if you have a set top DVR in the home by using a smart phone/tablet and the Xfinity stream TV app as it can only see the cloud recordings. When you remove the home DVR, the only recordings available are in the cloud DVR. You can't get them 'back' as the only hard storage is on a home DVR.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!