customerisfirst's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, October 8th, 2019 10:00 AM

Closed

Cloud DVR recording not work

I have found that some shows are not showing up in my list of recordings even though they are set to record.  I have called support three times, the last two of which were while the issue was occurring.  I am currently waiting 72 hours for some third level of support to contact me.

Description:  Issue does not affect all shows but has shown up on series recordings as well as one off recordings.  I set show to record, I access guide from streaming app, navigate to the show and it shows as recording.  I navigate to the recordings and it is not there.

First noticed on series recording with start of new season when my show was not there.  Since then it has happened on multiple other shows.  Support constantly wants to reset my box (which I really don't even use and they say i have to have on account) and they have refreshed my account like twice.  Twice support has confirmed that they can see the recording set by me on their end but have no idea why it does not show up on my end.  Last call, I was told that they saw a message about "not enough tuners".  I pushed back that only one recording was happening at that time and they could not tell me how many tuners cloud dvr used only that they think it still has come concept of tuners. They wanted to send tech to my house to troubleshoot.  I declined as I fell for that once before and got charged for an issue that was not mine.  The service is advertised as cloud and I use it from tablet, phone and smart tv both in and  out of my house so no idea what tech is looking for in my house.

If anyone has seen this before, I would appreciate a note on what fixed it.  It is pretty clear to me that this is on their end.  

FYI, space available when recording is scheduled.  I did multiple recordings while on phone with support and both worked.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@customerisfirst wrote:

I have found that some shows are not showing up in my list of recordings even though they are set to record.  I have called support three times, the last two of which were while the issue was occurring.  I am currently waiting 72 hours for some third level of support to contact me.

Description:  Issue does not affect all shows but has shown up on series recordings as well as one off recordings.  I set show to record, I access guide from streaming app, navigate to the show and it shows as recording.  I navigate to the recordings and it is not there.

First noticed on series recording with start of new season when my show was not there.  Since then it has happened on multiple other shows.  Support constantly wants to reset my box (which I really don't even use and they say i have to have on account) and they have refreshed my account like twice.  Twice support has confirmed that they can see the recording set by me on their end but have no idea why it does not show up on my end.  Last call, I was told that they saw a message about "not enough tuners".  I pushed back that only one recording was happening at that time and they could not tell me how many tuners cloud dvr used only that they think it still has come concept of tuners. They wanted to send tech to my house to troubleshoot.  I declined as I fell for that once before and got charged for an issue that was not mine.  The service is advertised as cloud and I use it from tablet, phone and smart tv both in and  out of my house so no idea what tech is looking for in my house.

If anyone has seen this before, I would appreciate a note on what fixed it.  It is pretty clear to me that this is on their end.  

FYI, space available when recording is scheduled.  I did multiple recordings while on phone with support and both worked.

let's check the 'are the tuners available issue first. how many x1 set top boxes do you have installed and working in the home? for each please use voice remote 'about' and reply with the rest of the line to right of "STB Version..."

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

As you have a physical non dvr, chances are good that you have Instant TV(check your billing statement or account). Instant TV only lets you record 2 at a time, per the following link
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/cloud-dvr-stream-tv-overview

If you think anything about your account/package is incorrect an Official Employee can take a look at it for you

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I have one set top box.  STB version - PX022AN_3.10p4s1_PROD_sey

On the last call from support they told me I have up to four tuners which means three recordings while watching television.  Note:  I normally do not use the box to watch television, every tv in the home uses the xfinity app.   

Thank you for your help.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

The 4 tuner thing is kind of right but not in regards to what you have access to. If you had a normal plan and a physical dvr, the XG2 would use its 4 tuners to feed secondary boxes. With Instant TV I’m not sure if it’s 2 recordings and ability to watch live TV or 1 recording and live TV. Without knowing what you’re actually paying for it’s hard to say

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for responding.  I have not seen anything like you mentioned and on my statement.

I am able to record at least two streams at once and according to support I have four tuners available under my plan.  Support also confirmed that at the time the tuner error was received there was only one recording (the one that failed).  Even if two is the limit, this failed on only one recording.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

In looking at the link you posted, I am not sure of when that came out but my cloud dvr only has 10 hours not 20.  I looked over my last billing statement and the cloud dvr thing is not listed on the bill at all.

I went in my email all the way back to Apri when my service changed.  They provided a summary email of my changes, the cloud dvr is not mentioned there either.   

Number of recording streams never came up when I got the clould dvr only number of hours available.  What I can confirm is that the tuner error occurred with one recording only and the support person confirmed that as well.  She said she has never seen this before.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here