Community Forum

Cloud DVR issues

Frequent Visitor

Cloud DVR issues

Question - Can I or Can I have, Cloud DVR turned off???

Background:

I have 2 X1 DVR boxes both with 500g recording space.  Have had these for about 2 years.  Until recently, no problems.

Recently, and I believe it has something to do with the Cloud DVR, I  have had many problems - recordings of series episodes disappearing, many iinstances of 'issue with your DVR recording, switching to On-Demand'.

I know doing this would mean I would not be able to stream any of my recordings.

I also know that this would prevent me from retrieving my last 120 hours of recording if I needed to switch DVR boxes, or if I moved.

If the issues above would stop I would be happy to lose these features.

Thanks,

Jack

Expert

Re: Cloud DVR issues

@Lanman wrote:

Question - Can I or Can I have, Cloud DVR turned off???

Background:

I have 2 X1 DVR boxes both with 500g recording space.  Have had these for about 2 years.  Until recently, no problems.

Recently, and I believe it has something to do with the Cloud DVR, I  have had many problems - recordings of series episodes disappearing, many iinstances of 'issue with your DVR recording, switching to On-Demand'.

I know doing this would mean I would not be able to stream any of my recordings.

I also know that this would prevent me from retrieving my last 120 hours of recording if I needed to switch DVR boxes, or if I moved.

If the issues above would stop I would be happy to lose these features.

Thanks,

Jack

you may have  very old units that are now have hard drive failure. try swapping one to an xg1 version 4 (4k) and see if the problem is resolved. if not swap the other one, too.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!