Community Forum

Changing input with XR11 remote

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Changing input with XR11 remote

I'm new to cable and Xfinity!  It has been a good experience thus far.

I use my tv as a mirror monitor for my MacBook Pro so I could eliminate the tv remote altogether if I could "move" from hdmi1 to hdmi4 with XR11.  I think this should be possible since the remote turns the tv on and off.  

Thanks,

chubbles007

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Changing input with XR11 remote

If your tv/monitor needs an ok press to confirm changing inputs the X1 remote won’t do it

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

CCAndrew thanks for the reply!

No I don't have to press ok, just press "input" then "up or down" to choose an "input".  I hope that means I can learn to do it with my XR11.

Thanks for your interest,

chubbles007

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Should work for you

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but life happened.

Your post made me sure the "TV input " buutton should be working which it was not. I pushed it down sereral times then held it down for several seconds and the input list showed up. For several minutes it took a double push of the "TV input" button to get the input list to appear, but then it began to function properly.  I attribute this to newness stiffness. CCAndrew it was you that got me on the right tract for that I award you 5 "addaboys" !!!!

Again I say thanks for your interest and input.

Now I'm off to mark my question as answered and give you the credit for the solution.

Thanks again from a 76 year old cable newbie and a Xfinity newbie , wish I could buy you a drink,

chubbles007

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

I wish you could too! Glad you got it, stay safe, if you have any questions feel free!