Community Forum

Changing channels by favorites

Highlighted
New Poster

Changing channels by favorites

I was told I had to "upgrade" to an X1 box. On my old box, I could flip through my favorite channels using the favorite button, but the X1 remote doesn't have a favorite button and I can't find a way to flip through only my favorite channels. I don't want to have to flip through 1,000 channels I don't care about to watch the dozen channels I want. Is there any way to fix this?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Changing channels by favorites

In the guide view you can use the left button to go over to the channel, center button to select, then mark as a favorite.   Then you can set your guide view to favorites to just see those.

Or, the really easy way is to say the nework name to the voice remote.  Or the show you want.

Highlighted
New Poster

I've figured out the guide. What I want to do is be able to browse through the actual channels, not the guide.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I don't think there is any 'one-button' way to skip to your next favorite channel.  You have to say it, type the number in, or get the guide list of favorites and move up or down to select it.  I don't do much of that because I generally use the voice control to record the shows/series I want without having to know ahead of time which channel they are on, and then most of my browsing is in the saved/recordings.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Press the guide button 2x to access the different guide views or you can change the default guide altogether if you want just favorites or any of the other categories
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-default-guide-view

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, that changes the guide to show the favorites only, but I think the original comment was about using the Channel Up/down buttons on the remote and just have the favorite channels shown (skip the channels that are not favorites).
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

8 month old dead thread closed

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!