Community Forum

Certain Channels Not Working

Highlighted
New Poster

Certain Channels Not Working

Is anyone else having issues with certain channels not working. In my case, certain channels on on, but breaking up every few seconds. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Certain Channels Not Working

what type of device do you have and is it happening across all the devices in the home?

Highlighted
New Poster

I have the Xfinity TV box and it is happening across all of my TVs on specific channels only. 

Highlighted
New Poster

All you have to do is LISTEN to what the overseas call center tech is telling you.. get up and check those connectors on the back of all your receivers,  did thatwork ? no it did not , ok unplug the receivers  for a minute and then plug it back in again, this will reset the system..  Great did that work? ok you may have to do this 10 -15 times a day to keep the service up and working ,, PS <Edited> to be helpful  do not ever call comcast because there is no way to keep a record of what they will tell you,, ALAWAYS use the CHAT and save a copy of each and every one ,  <Edited>,,  YOU PAY THEM FOR A SERVICE <Edited>

Highlighted
Expert

@Larkspurian wrote:

I have the Xfinity TV box and it is happening across all of my TVs on specific channels only. 

the problem you describe can be before or inside your home wiring. A field tech will have the meter necessary to test outside your home to determine the problem. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!