Community Forum

Cant Access recordings

Highlighted
New Poster

Cant Access recordings

I cannot access my all of my recorded shows on my bedroom tv. They show up on the main dvr and i can play them there, but some of the older movies no longer show up on the box in the bedroom. I have tried Syncing , restarting, system refresh. I was able to play all recordings until last week

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Cant Access recordings

Based on what you have said, make sure you dont accidentally have a filter set to only show recorded programs on your bedroom box. You can do this like so : Xfinity > Arrow key (left or right depending on the location of the cursor) > Saved > Scroll all the way up to the very top where it says sort by, recorded on etc. You'll want to select recorded on, and be certain All Devices is selected. If you need more help, just say so and i'll do my best to help. Hope this helps you.

Stay Safe,
JulianR1

I am not a Comcast Employee, I am just a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you Julian, yes I have tried that.
Highlighted
Contributor

How unusal, I can't say i've heard of this sort of issue before. Could be a frimware bug.
What troubleshooting steps have you taken other the steps you mentioned?
Have you contacted customer support, if so what did they say?
Can you tell me what model of box you have?
Also, can you go to settings>About> About Xfinity TV, and let me know what it says? Apologies if thats not the correct location.  It could also be under Settings>General>About. You can also say "About" into your voice remote if you have one.

Ill await your response.

Stay Safe,
JulianR1

I am not a Comcast Employee, I am just a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@golfball2 wrote:

I cannot access my all of my recorded shows on my bedroom tv. They show up on the main dvr and i can play them there, but some of the older movies no longer show up on the box in the bedroom. I have tried Syncing , restarting, system refresh. I was able to play all recordings until last week

I wonder if this is caused by the "60-hour limit"?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs#:~:text=You%20have%206....

"You have 60 hours (150 hours in some locations) of X1 Cloud DVR storage for each X1 DVR TV Box on your account. If you exceed your limit, your most recent recordings will replace older recordings unless the older recordings are marked as Save for 1 Year."

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I don't think that is the issue since the recordings are still available on the DVR.  They recently switched the bedroom box to a wireless. When it was first installed we were able to access the older recordings, but not now. The box is an Xi6-6

Highlighted
New Poster

Access to all recordings suddenly reappeared last night. Still don't know what the issue was.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello golfball2. We are glad to learn your issue has resolved itself. Please let us know if you see this reoccur. We would be happy to help troubleshoot if this presents itself again. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!