Community Forum

Can't get video on my tv only a msg that says weak or no signal

KansPlant115
Regular Visitor

Can't get video on my tv only a msg that says weak or no signal

Just started when I turned the tv on yesterday. I have followed all Xfinity suggestions including unplugging everything and starting up again. When I start up, I hear lots of noises like it trying to reboot and start up but doesn't get the job done. What next?

Rustyben
Expert

Re: Can't get video on my tv only a msg that says weak or no signal


@KansPlant115 wrote:

Just started when I turned the tv on yesterday. I have followed all Xfinity suggestions including unplugging everything and starting up again. When I start up, I hear lots of noises like it trying to reboot and start up but doesn't get the job done. What next?


please respond with the error number and error message you are seeing. Do you have more than one installed set top box? if so, do the other boxes have the same issue?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
KansPlant115
Regular Visitor

Re: Can't get video on my tv only a msg that says weak or no signal

There are no error numbers just that msg about weak or no signal. I finally reached a human at Comcast who said I needed to replace my set top box. I did that. It worked for a week or so. Now, just last night, I lost the picture & audio again and get the same message, 'weak or no signal'. So frustrating! 

Rustyben
Expert

Re: Can't get video on my tv only a msg that says weak or no signal


@KansPlant115 wrote:

There are no error numbers just that msg about weak or no signal. I finally reached a human at Comcast who said I needed to replace my set top box. I did that. It worked for a week or so. Now, just last night, I lost the picture & audio again and get the same message, 'weak or no signal'. So frustrating! 


do you have more than one live outlet and/or set top box?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
KansPlant115
Regular Visitor

Re: Can't get video on my tv only a msg that says weak or no signal

I have one other in a bedroom but it's just a small one, not a main set top box. They told me I only needed to change out the main box. 

Rustyben
Expert

Re: Can't get video on my tv only a msg that says weak or no signal


@KansPlant115 wrote:

I have one other in a bedroom but it's just a small one, not a main set top box. They told me I only needed to change out the main box. 


have you checked to see if your connectors for the coax cable are tight? you may need a tech to check your signal at the outside entry of the coax (demarcation point).



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
KansPlant115
Regular Visitor

Re: Can't get video on my tv only a msg that says weak or no signal

Thanks for your help, Rustyben. I have checked all of the cables and connections. Just had to again when I lost my internet connection this time. I got it back but TV still out.

 

I agree with you. I think it's time for a tech to check the things I cannot check.