Community Forum

Can i use the ethernet port on my AX014ANM cable set top 4k box to give my TV internet?

Highlighted
New Poster

Can i use the ethernet port on my AX014ANM cable set top 4k box to give my TV internet?

Subj says it all...  my TV has an ethernet port, can my xfinity 4k box feed it?

thx, -mdw

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Can i use the ethernet port on my AX014ANM cable set top 4k box to give my TV internet?

Nope, it is disabled

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Can i use the ethernet port on my AX014ANM cable set top 4k box to give my TV internet?

Thx for the quick reply.

Any idea why Comcast disables it? It would make a lot of sense to enable it, make customers happy, etc.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

“Future use”, they also license the boxes for use around the world. Use Xfi pods or a Wi-Fi extender to get an internet signal to your tv, that’s what they’re made for. X1 boxes have been around for over a decade, if they were going to use that port it would’ve been a long time ago

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!