Community Forum

Cable box 4k capability?

Duncan3707
Frequent Visitor

Cable box 4k capability?

Do either the XG2v2-p or the XiD-P boxes have 4k capability?

andyross
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Cable box 4k capability?

For a standalone box, only the XG1v4 supports 4K. I don't believe the XID-P supports 4K, and XG2 definitely doesn't.

Duncan3707
Frequent Visitor

Thank you!

So what I need to know next is how to request 2 of the XG1v4 cable boxes, 1 for a new 4k tv I have ordered, and one to replace the XG2v2-p that is currently connected to a 4k tv I already have.

If possible, could they be mailed to me, and can I mail the XG2v2-p back?

Thanks!

Rustyben
Expert

@Duncan3707 wrote:

Thank you!

So what I need to know next is how to request 2 of the XG1v4 cable boxes, 1 for a new 4k tv I have ordered, and one to replace the XG2v2-p that is currently connected to a 4k tv I already have.

If possible, could they be mailed to me, and can I mail the XG2v2-p back?

Thanks!

you can return equipment to your local xfinity store or UPS store. Ups will box it and give you a receipt (no charge). Xfinity is not offering 4k channels at this time, the next 'event'' will probably be Olympics related on-demand. the interent apps can work on 4k like Netflix and youtube etc if you have 4k service level on their service. only the xi6 (wireless, needs a MoCA capable Xfinity-only modem/gateway) and a hub (xg1v* or xg2) for it to use. takeway: currently xi6 and xg1v4 are 4k capable. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Duncan3707
Frequent Visitor

Re: Procedure for obtaining a XG1v4 cable box

Still not clear on the procedure for obtaining a XG1v4 cable box?

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

It’s been escalated to an Official Employee to help you get what you need

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Duncan3707
Frequent Visitor

Best Answer.

ComcastChe
Official Employee

Hi @Duncan3707! Thanks for using the Xfinity Forum to get a 4K DVR. I'll be happy to get one shipped out. I have just read your private message and will be replying shortly to get this taken care of. Chat with you soon! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Duncan3707
Frequent Visitor

Thank you!
ComcastChe
Official Employee

You're welcome! I received your response. I just came back from break and am reviewing it now. Chat with you soon! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Duncan3707
Frequent Visitor

Sounds good.

yakubisinm
New Poster

@ComcastChe I am also interested in getting an xg1v4 for my household. Is there a way you can help?

AlanC
Regular Visitor

I tried to exchange my XG1v1 for a 4K XG1v4 at my local Xinity store. I was told that they did not have the XG1V4 available as it was being replaced by a new model from a different manufacturer that would be available in the next few months. In the interim, they gave me an XG1-A (?) so we could access HBO Max.