Community Forum

Blank screens

blackjim
Frequent Visitor

Blank screens

Need some advice.  I have a X6ip dvr connected to a flat screen with hdmi and two XiD-P small boxs connected with regular cable to a couple old crt tv's.

Last sunday and Monday nights on the flat screen it showed no signal. Nothing I tryed worked till I unpluged the electrical cord for awhile, then all was ok.

Fast forward to Tuesday and Wednesday mornings and my crts have no display at all but flat screen works ok. The guide will come up, they will play dvr shows but not display any live channels.

After having a refresh signal sent and many restarts one crt will play ok buy the other one is badly pixelated and freeze's. 

This all started out of the blue, never had a problem before.

Any idea's?

Rustyben
Expert

Re: Blank screens

@blackjim wrote:

Need some advice.  I have a X6ip dvr connected to a flat screen with hdmi and two XiD-P small boxs connected with regular cable to a couple old crt tv's.

Last sunday and Monday nights on the flat screen it showed no signal. Nothing I tryed worked till I unpluged the electrical cord for awhile, then all was ok.

Fast forward to Tuesday and Wednesday mornings and my crts have no display at all but flat screen works ok. The guide will come up, they will play dvr shows but not display any live channels.

After having a refresh signal sent and many restarts one crt will play ok buy the other one is badly pixelated and freeze's. 

This all started out of the blue, never had a problem before.

Any idea's?

use the voice command on the set top box '*X6ip" and say 'about'. what is the rest of the line to the right of "STB Version.."? what error message do you see and error number when you view live TV? are you using an Xfinity leased modem/gateway?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
blackjim
Frequent Visitor

The version is PX001AN_3.6p11s1_PROD_sey. 

I am useing my own modem and router.

Last eveing I turned on the main tv and watched the news. I went to change channels and no response. Then it asked to restart. After awhile it started working. I never did get the two smaller boxs working. Sometimes the tv's say "We're having trouble on our end, Please try later" or "We are in the middle of a small weekly update, it should take a few moments." or Stuck on the Welcome screen or no signal or just a blank screen.
 Thanks for replying.

blackjim
Frequent Visitor

Should say "We are in the middle of a small household update"

Rustyben
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

That is the oldest model of DVR and without knowing what other model set top boxes you have on your account, can't give more advice. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
ComcastAmira
Official Employee

Hello @blackjim, thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team through our Forums page. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with the cable TV service. I would love to further look into and troubleshoot this on my end. Can you please send me a private message including the account holder's first and last name and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
blackjim
Frequent Visitor

Hope you can help. As I said in my post, my two XiD-P boxs haben't been able to show live tv for a week and my  X6iP dvr has to be unplugged nearly everyday.