Community Forum

Audio Sync Issues on Certain channels

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Audio Sync Issues on Certain channels

Hi all,

For a while, I've been having issues with certain channels audio getting out of sync with video. Mostly it's a range of channels in the 820s, which include things like paramount HD, comedy central HD, usa HD, etc etc...If I hit 'pause', and then play, things sync back up, but it's an annoying issue and I'd like to get it fixed. 

Doesn't happen on every channel, and when i watch netflix or other things i have no issues. Could it be a signal strength problem? cable box problem? Didn't always have these problems, but started a while back and seem to be getting worse...

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Audio Sync Issues on Certain channels

@flyerphann wrote:

Hi all,

For a while, I've been having issues with certain channels audio getting out of sync with video. Mostly it's a range of channels in the 820s, which include things like paramount HD, comedy central HD, usa HD, etc etc...If I hit 'pause', and then play, things sync back up, but it's an annoying issue and I'd like to get it fixed. 

Doesn't happen on every channel, and when i watch netflix or other things i have no issues. Could it be a signal strength problem? cable box problem? Didn't always have these problems, but started a while back and seem to be getting worse...

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

responsibility and control of sync is at the 'sink'' (the TV that you are watching). you can verify the sync itself is working by using a smart phone/tablet for the same programming. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No, its not the TV, I've checked that. It occurs no matter who i plug into. Since it's only certain channels--and a block of channels in the 800s range, I was assuming it's not the tv, and now i'm sure of it. What I was trying to figure out is if it was a setting in comcast, if the box is going bad, or if maybe the signal wasn't strong enough.  For what its worth, for at least one of the HD stations, if i watch it in the 800s, it's unwatchable with audio/video issues, but if go to same HD channel in 1700s its fine.

Highlighted
Expert

@flyerphann wrote:

No, its not the TV, I've checked that. It occurs no matter who i plug into. Since it's only certain channels--and a block of channels in the 800s range, I was assuming it's not the tv, and now i'm sure of it. What I was trying to figure out is if it was a setting in comcast, if the box is going bad, or if maybe the signal wasn't strong enough.  For what its worth, for at least one of the HD stations, if i watch it in the 800s, it's unwatchable with audio/video issues, but if go to same HD channel in 1700s its fine.

when using a set top box (HDMI) the TV's ATSC tuner is not used at all. the TV has no knowledge of channels, only streams of data (video/audio/captions/SAP/etc).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!