Community Forum

Apple Music

New Poster

Apple Music

Why do you include Amazon Music but not Apple Music when I select music apps?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Apple Music

@Fjcchase wrote:

Why do you include Amazon Music but not Apple Music when I select music apps?

No clue; my guess is that Apple wants too much money to allow their music to be streamed.

Maybe we will get it now that Apple has separated iTunes music in a separate app.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

There would need to be a contract between Apple and Comcast for that to happen

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

And who is holding up a contract, Comcast or Apple?
Regular Contributor

It has only been very, very recently that Apple has had any interest in playing well with others with things like the Apple TV app for other devices.   And Comcast probably requires a substantial amount of testing before rolling out anything new, so it may just be a matter of time now.   If there are disagreements it might be on how subscriptions or remote controls are handled.   On some xfinity apps (like Qello) you have to buy the subscription through xfinity - even if you already had one elsewhere.  And apps that you can 'cast' to from your phone on other devices, you can't with the xfinity app. If things like that concern you, you might want to buy your own device to handle internet apps.

Diamond Problem Solver

@Fjcchase
Who know if there any negotiations at all? Nobody knows until an official announcement, same with any other deal.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!