Community Forum

Anthem MRX 500 Remote Code

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Anthem MRX 500 Remote Code

I have an Anthem MRX 500 A/V box and would like to set it up on the X15 Remote. Does anyone know what code I might use? If I could just get On/Off, Volume and Mute I would be happy. 

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Anthem MRX 500 Remote Code

No clue; is Anthem a choice here?
https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No, Anthem is not on the list. That would have been too simple. 😆

I went to the Anthem webist, (https://www.anthemav.com/), and looked to see if they were a division of someone else whose code I might use or if they had a different brand name to look under but didn't find one. I also searched all the support documentation to see if they had a list of the codes for the X1 DVR systems but they did not or I couldn't find it. I'm sort of at a loss here. 

Using two remotes is not the end of the world but I would like to find out if the codes for another system are at least partially compatible so I could at least get the basic functions to work. I am going to send e-mail to Anthem to see if they know as I did not see any information related to Xfinity on their site.

One other question I have is that I see on the Xfinity site that there is a way to scan through a number of codes to see if anything works. However all the instructions start with "Press the Setup Button which the XR15 does not have so I am still wandering in the wilderness.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Press A and D = Setup

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion but that does not work.

On the XR15  remote, pressing A gets me to Setup. Pressing A+D does nothing. Pressing D alone does nothing. And even when I get to setup I still don't have a way of searching for the correct code except by going through the pre-loaded list of manufacturers and Anthem is not one of them so I am still at the same spot. I need a way to scan through the codes to see if one of them will operate the Audio.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Sorry when you said you read other posts about the manual code search , I thought you would understand and follow the same instructions. Press A and D (same time), press 992 and Ch up until your receiver turns off. There will be no onscreen message. If it doesn’t turn off, there’s no code

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks, I guess that solution worked at least as far as getting into that mode. However, I was not lucky enough to have my system, come up. I hit CH UP for 100 codes and nothing. So, I guess I just use two controllers. Thanks for the help.