Community Forum

Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

New Poster

Amazon says internet connection issue on xfinity box but plays through smart tv

Amazon won’t play on main cable box but does on other box and on smart tv
Expert

Re: Amazon says internet connection issue on xfinity box but plays through smart tv

@maxnitz wrote:
Amazon won’t play on main cable box but does on other box and on smart tv

on the main box you mentioned use the voice remote and say 'about'. what tis the rest of the line to the right of "STB version.."?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Amazon says internet connection issue on xfinity box but plays through smart tv

Hello @maxnitz, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! This problem with X1 cable boxes having issues accessing Prime Video intermittently is reported as a known issue on our end. Our engineering teams are working on a resolution as soon as possible. I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this is causing in the meantime. Once the issue has been resolved fully, I will reach out ASAP and let you know. Please let me know if you need anything else from me in the meantime. Thanks and we absolutely appreciate your patience with this matter. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Re: Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

Mmarh, please shoot me a private message so I can help! 

Dave904, I sent ya a message a few days ago. Waiting on your response. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I started experiencing this issue a couple of days ago, but only on my main box, the X1 device in the other room is fine. All devices have been updated and reset, no change, still receiving this error. smdh 

Official Employee

topherice, thanks for posting about your Amazon App issues on your X1 box. This is a known issue that we are working on. I'd be happy to troubleshoot with you as much as I can and then get you connected with tech ops. My goal is to have you issue linked with the others, so when a fix is out, you get the hotfix with the first batch released. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. 

Ken

New Poster

Having same problem tonight.
New Poster

Pm sent. Please help. Alice Watts
Frequent Visitor

Dear Alice. If you have 2 boxes, one works and one does not. Disconnect the box that works, then re-boot the box that doesn’t work. See if that fixes. If not, get a new box. I got a new box and I’m okay now.
Official Employee

Hi @AliceWatts

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. I've replied to your private message. I'd be more than happy to help investigate this. Please reply at your earliest convenience and we can go from there. Chat with you soon. 

Official Employee

@maxnitz, I hope all has been well with you since we last spoke! I'm following up to let you know this issue is still being reported for some, but I wanted to know if you are still experiencing this no connection error with Prime Video on your end?  

Regular Visitor

Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

Hello,

I am having the same problems as outlined on the following thread (which seems to be closed) and others:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-prime-app-on-x1-says-internet-connection-error/td-p/3183249

I am posting publicly so that I can PM the Comcast representatives listed on that thread (or would appreciate a response here as well).

I have only one box, a DVR box, and when I try to view Amazon Prime movies, I get an internet connection error popup box on screen. I can sometimes view trailers. No problems connecting to and viewing Netflix.

My STB version is PX013AN_3.7p2s1_PROD_sey

Do I need a new box? Anything other troubleshooting that can be done?

Thank you!

Official Employee

@maxnitz, I never heard back from you on here, but please send me a Private Message including your name if you are still experiencing this issue with Amazon through your X1 box. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message. 

Official Employee

Hello ae123xf, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you 

New Poster

What is the way to send a private message about this issue?
New Poster

I am getting the same message..
Official Employee

Kacheng50, thanks for posting! I got your private message and I'll follow up with you about that internet connection error. 

jartanis, please feel free to drop me a private message too so I can check this out for you. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

New Poster

I am also having the same issue of an internet connection error when I attempt to play a video.

Contacted both Xfinity and Amazon for help to no avail.
Expert

@Lindsrwest wrote:
I am also having the same issue of an internet connection error when I attempt to play a video.

Contacted both Xfinity and Amazon for help to no avail.

do you get to the menu screen of amazon video? (has a menu across the top)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.