Community Forum

Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

Highlighted
New Poster

Amazon says internet connection issue on xfinity box but plays through smart tv

Amazon won’t play on main cable box but does on other box and on smart tv
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Amazon says internet connection issue on xfinity box but plays through smart tv

@maxnitz wrote:
Amazon won’t play on main cable box but does on other box and on smart tv

on the main box you mentioned use the voice remote and say 'about'. what tis the rest of the line to the right of "STB version.."?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Amazon says internet connection issue on xfinity box but plays through smart tv

Hello @maxnitz, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! This problem with X1 cable boxes having issues accessing Prime Video intermittently is reported as a known issue on our end. Our engineering teams are working on a resolution as soon as possible. I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this is causing in the meantime. Once the issue has been resolved fully, I will reach out ASAP and let you know. Please let me know if you need anything else from me in the meantime. Thanks and we absolutely appreciate your patience with this matter. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

Mmarh, please shoot me a private message so I can help! 

Dave904, I sent ya a message a few days ago. Waiting on your response. 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I started experiencing this issue a couple of days ago, but only on my main box, the X1 device in the other room is fine. All devices have been updated and reset, no change, still receiving this error. smdh 

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

topherice, thanks for posting about your Amazon App issues on your X1 box. This is a known issue that we are working on. I'd be happy to troubleshoot with you as much as I can and then get you connected with tech ops. My goal is to have you issue linked with the others, so when a fix is out, you get the hotfix with the first batch released. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. 

Ken

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Highlighted
New Poster

Having same problem tonight.
Highlighted
New Poster

Pm sent. Please help. Alice Watts
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Dear Alice. If you have 2 boxes, one works and one does not. Disconnect the box that works, then re-boot the box that doesn’t work. See if that fixes. If not, get a new box. I got a new box and I’m okay now.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @AliceWatts

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. I've replied to your private message. I'd be more than happy to help investigate this. Please reply at your earliest convenience and we can go from there. Chat with you soon. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@maxnitz, I hope all has been well with you since we last spoke! I'm following up to let you know this issue is still being reported for some, but I wanted to know if you are still experiencing this no connection error with Prime Video on your end?  

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

Hello,

I am having the same problems as outlined on the following thread (which seems to be closed) and others:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-prime-app-on-x1-says-internet-connection-error/td-p/3183249

I am posting publicly so that I can PM the Comcast representatives listed on that thread (or would appreciate a response here as well).

I have only one box, a DVR box, and when I try to view Amazon Prime movies, I get an internet connection error popup box on screen. I can sometimes view trailers. No problems connecting to and viewing Netflix.

My STB version is PX013AN_3.7p2s1_PROD_sey

Do I need a new box? Anything other troubleshooting that can be done?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Official Employee

@maxnitz, I never heard back from you on here, but please send me a Private Message including your name if you are still experiencing this issue with Amazon through your X1 box. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message. 

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Hello ae123xf, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you 

Highlighted
New Poster

What is the way to send a private message about this issue?
Highlighted
New Poster

I am getting the same message..
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Kacheng50, thanks for posting! I got your private message and I'll follow up with you about that internet connection error. 

jartanis, please feel free to drop me a private message too so I can check this out for you. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

Highlighted
New Poster

I am also having the same issue of an internet connection error when I attempt to play a video.

Contacted both Xfinity and Amazon for help to no avail.
Highlighted
Expert

@Lindsrwest wrote:
I am also having the same issue of an internet connection error when I attempt to play a video.

Contacted both Xfinity and Amazon for help to no avail.

do you get to the menu screen of amazon video? (has a menu across the top)

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
New Poster

I'm having what may be a related issue with my Amazon video app on Xbox one. All of my other streaming apps work just fine, but twice now when using the Amazon app, the internet connection just drops out completely and the router needs to be reset. It doesn't happen every time I use the app, but I can't seem to recreate the behavior with any other app or device. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same problem.  All other apps are working fine but Amazon Prime is not.  The menus and show information works, but when you click to watch, the connection error comes on the screen instead.

I tried clicking on your name to send a pm but did not see the option to send one.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am getting an internet error for Amazon Prime. I can watch trailers, but, when we select "watch" the internet error message pops up. Netflix works fine.
Netflix works fine
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@Anderkat wrote:
I am getting an internet error for Amazon Prime. I can watch trailers, but, when we select "watch" the internet error message pops up. Netflix works fine.
Netflix works fine

Do you still have the issue today?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

We recently upgraded our boxes. Now our main box just says internet connection error. When logging in. All of the other boxes still work. Anyone know a solution?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Have you done a troubleshoot and 'system refresh' from your account login or the phone xfinity account app?  I don't know if that will help but it is what I usually try first for most problems.  You won't be able to watch for several minutes (it says up to 20 but has never taken that long for me) while everything reloads and restarts.

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm having a similar problem to what you have been talking about. Amazon Prime and Youtube can't find the Wifi. Netflix works just fine.  I'm going to paste the letter I wrote to a support email of the TV manufacturer a couple of days. No response yet.  

Most of this is probably frivelous, but possibly someone may have a clue. I've done everything the 'net mentions for the TV. Every possible reset, etc.

I have also unplugged the modem, and plugged it back up. If this modem has a reset button, I don't see it. The modem/router is a Cisco P/N DPC3941-TMCV214-K9.  The cable box is Pace PX022ANM. I used to just have the internet, and I've had the modem for a couple of years. Everything was fine. Got cable TV about a month ago, which is how long I've had the cable box. And this issue started in the middle of the day two days ago.

Anyway, here's the letter I wrote HiSense:

>I have a Hisense 55" TV. Here's what's on the sticker on the back of the TV:
>55A6100UW
>G175187
>S/N: 55G175187H06033.

>The TV was working fine up until yesterday. I can still view cable channels. Some apps are >working, and some do not.

>Netflix work fine, I can watch it no problem.

>Amazon and YouTube will not connect to my router.

>With Amazon, the error message says:
>   "There's an internet connection problem. Check the device's internet settings, data
>   cables, or try resetting your router. Also turning you device on and off may fix the
>   problem."

>With YouTube, the error says:
>   "Unable to load requested page. Network connection error happened. Please exit this app."

>I have unplugged the TV. I have done a factory reset from the settings menu.
>I have checked for the latest (TV) updates (It said I was up to date already).
>I have also unplugged the TV and left it unplugged for a few minutes(internet advice).
>I have unplugged my Comcast router, and plugged it back in.

>I'm skeptical it's a router issue, since Netflix (and some other apps on the TV) is working. 

>By any chance, is this a known issue, and there is a known fix?

Like I said, sorry for the long post. Possibly someone can glean somethng useful out of it. I have alway watched Netflix thru the wifi since I got the TV a couple years ago, and like I said it's fine, so I don't want to suspect the set top box. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I ended up getting a new "main room" box. Then it worked okay.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

If you have two (2) boxes, and the "main room" box does not get Amazon Prime Vieo, but the bedroom or other room box does, then try the following:

A. If the Prime Video app on the main box says "internet connection error", but the Prime Video app works on the secondary little box in another room, then try unplugging the little box. Leave the little box unplugged. Then re-start the main box, and run "System Refresh". Then try the Prime Video app on the main box. You may have a connection error between the main box and the little box which is locking up the main box. If that works, then plug the little box back in, and make sure the app runs in both boxes.
B. Return and replace the main box if you have an Xfinity store near you. Or have a tech come out and swap out the main box if you don't have a store.

I ended having to go with "B". Got a new box and it then worked okay.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I had this "internet subscription required" error on my system on all internet apps for a couple of weeks after beginning the process to upgrade to 4k equipment. Explanation given is that the issue is in back end accounting processes for a limited # of accounts, and my account was #75 being attached to the trouble report. In any case, the error spontaneously cleared up 2 days ago and I can again access internet apps through xfinity. Not that I want to, when the same apps native to my TV work better.
Highlighted
New Poster

When I try to play prime videos thought the x1 box I get an error message. 

Internet Connection Error

We’re unable to process your request. Please try again later of contact amazon customer service at amazon.com/videohelp

We were able to watch prime throug xfinity till a week or two ago when we started to receive this message. YouTube and Netflix still work great. Also worth knowing, our one other television doesn’t have on demand or any xfinity features, it’s just a plain tv so I know it’s not a bandwidth issue. Please advise what is going on here. Thanks. 

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@poisonedink wrote:

When I try to play prime videos thought the x1 box I get an error message. 

Internet Connection Error

We’re unable to process your request. Please try again later of contact amazon customer service at amazon.com/videohelp

We were able to watch prime throug xfinity till a week or two ago when we started to receive this message. YouTube and Netflix still work great. Also worth knowing, our one other television doesn’t have on demand or any xfinity features, it’s just a plain tv so I know it’s not a bandwidth issue. Please advise what is going on here. Thanks. 

Which X1 box do you have?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

If you have two (2) boxes, and the "main room" box does not get Amazon Prime Vieo, but the bedroom or other room box does, then try the following:
A. If the Prime Video app on the main box says "internet connection error", but the Prime Video app works on the secondary little box in another room, then try unplugging the little box. Leave the little box unplugged. Then re-start the main box, and run "System Refresh". Then try the Prime Video app on the main box. You may have a connection error between the main box and the little box which is locking up the main box. If that works, then plug the little box back in, and make sure the app runs in both boxes.
B. Return and replace the main box if you have an Xfinity store near you. Or have a tech come out and swap out the main box if you don't have a store.
I ended having to go with "B". Got a new box and it then worked okay. FYI, I no longer have Comcast cable, just the internet.
Highlighted
New Poster

My prime and Netflix does not work. It says no internet connection and Error code NW 1-10
Highlighted
Expert

@Jbugdance wrote:
My prime and Netflix does not work. It says no internet connection and Error code NW 1-10

use voice remote 'about' what is the rest of the line to right of "STB Version.."?

Highlighted
New Poster

Having the same issue. Why must we PM you why cant you post the fix without a PM?
Highlighted
Expert

@Jremmy2000 wrote:
Having the same issue. Why must we PM you why cant you post the fix without a PM?

se voice remote 'about' what is the rest of the line to right of "STB Version.."? (same as the post just before your post).

Highlighted
New Poster

“Problem occurred. We’re unable to load the page. Go to home or close and reopen the prime video app to retry”.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I couldn't post on the Amazon Prime thread up top, so hopefully I can ask this here ...

Amazon Prime is working fine on my current X1 box, but I may need to eventually try a box swap for other reasons.  I only have a single X1 box at my house.  If I swap boxes do I need to de-register my only X1 box/device though amazon before I use Prime on the new swapped equipement?  Will the new box have to be regisitered?

Or, can I just hook up the new X1 box and it should be ready to go with Prime from registering the original X1 equipement

Highlighted
New Poster

I can't view anything on Amazon Prime.

I can do anything, up to and including watching a movie Trailer, but that's as far as I get.  I get an error message that says:  Internet Connection Error.  We're unable to process your request.  Please try again later or contact Amazon Customer Service at amazon.com/videohelp.

I've been the phone and online Chat with Amazon, for 3 hours.   I've reset everything (at leastd 4 times).  Deleted the device from my account and added it back in ... at least 3 times.  No help.

I suspect it's an Amazon issue, rather than Comcast, but I just want to be able to use Amazon Prime, regardless of who's issue it is.    Any ideas?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I had this issue as well. Unfortunately the issue was on Comcast’s side and no resolution.

If you PM one of the employees on this thread, they will help you do additional troubleshooting steps. None of them worked for me, though hopefully you would have more success.

The ultimate recommendation to me was to either wait and see if it gets resolved (it’s a known issue) or try and swap out my DVR box at an Xfinity store, but even that is not guaranteed to work.
Highlighted
New Poster

I was just on the phone with Amazon for an hour.

I'm now on the phone with Xfinity.

I'm still no closer to a solution, than I was when I started this on Sunday.

What's going on with this issue and how do I get it resolved?

Highlighted
New Poster

I can connect with Amazon Prime but cannot play any of the videos on the main X1 box.   I get “Internet Connection Error”.”We’re unable to proces your request.  Please try again later or contact Amazon Cutomer Service at amazon.com/videohelp”.  I can however connect and play videos from Amazon Prime on a second TV with a genie box.   Help Please

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@Foxie119 wrote:

I can connect with Amazon Prime but cannot play any of the videos on the main X1 box.   I get “Internet Connection Error”.”We’re unable to proces your request.  Please try again later or contact Amazon Cutomer Service at amazon.com/videohelp”.  I can however connect and play videos from Amazon Prime on a second TV with a genie box.   Help Please

Which model X1?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi I am Harold Clegg I just started having this issue

Highlighted
New Poster

Is it a model number you ask for??   It is the DVR type, slim box, with horizontal light on front

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@Foxie119 wrote:

Is it a model number you ask for??   It is the DVR type, slim box, with horizontal light on front

Does it have a clock?

Highlighted
New Poster

No, there is no clock.   Just the monitor light, about 1/8 inch high and an inch or so long mounted horizontally.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same issue as what others have described here.  I have gone through the full process of registering my device with Prime (actually, deregistered and then re-registered in hopes of fixing it).

I can watch the trailers for movies, but I can't watch the actual movies themselves.  I get the same error message as others have noted here.

I tried addressing this through Comcast chat earlier tonight, who then sent me to Amazon.  They couldn't help either, and it looks like this is a known issue to Comcast (as seen by the multiple notes of it in this thread), so I would greatly appreciate some assistance with getting this fixed.

Highlighted
New Poster

We are also having this problem. We cannot get Prime video to work, neither by trying to access it through the xfinity apps nor by trying to access it directly through our smart tv. It works fine on our phones and laptop.

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm having the same issue - did someone (Comcast or Amazon) get this resolved for you?

Thanks,