Community Forum

Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

New Poster

Re: Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

Thank you for this solution. I found this thread via a Google search and will message you privately.

Regular Visitor

@ComcastKenF - not sure how to PM you on this forum, but I have the same issue as others with Prime connection. You indicated in that thread to PM you directly, so this is the only way I know how. Please help me resolve this issue, and please share how to PM for future messaging. THanks. 

Regular Visitor

having the same issue: Prime Video does not work on main box.  Prime works on other boxes in house.  Netflix and YouTube work just fine on all boxes.  Hoping to find a resolution.  Thanks!

Regular Visitor

I just went to the Xfinity store and got new cable boxes including a new X1 4K box. Now my Amazon Prime video works! I'm also no longer getting pauses where the machine locks up.
Official Employee

Hi all, 

Glad to hear a box swap has helped a few people. For those who don't know, you must post publicly at least once before you can send a private message. Please send me a private message if you're still having this connection error. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue as others with Prime connection. Please help me resolve this issue.

Silver Problem Solver

@NanaTim wrote:

I have the same issue as others with Prime connection. Please help me resolve this issue.

Were you able to sign in?

https://www.xfinity.com/amazon-prime-video?CMP=KNC-43700039198439696-GOOGLE-317401048238-c-xfinity%2...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

@NanaTim wrote:

As it says above, there is one possible solution now and another solution later.

Now, you can exchange your box at a Comcast store for the latest version (V4, which many call the 4K box).  That might work.

Xfiinity is working on the problem, which is a nationwide one, for all boxes.

Regular Contributor

Neither Amazon or Netflix work for me on any of my boxes. The apps open but the circle keeps spinning and the movie won’t play. I exchanged one box on Friday but it didn’t make a difference.
Regular Visitor

Yes I was able to sign in.

Silver Problem Solver

@sperling3920 wrote:
Neither Amazon or Netflix work for me on any of my boxes. The apps open but the circle keeps spinning and the movie won’t play. I exchanged one box on Friday but it didn’t make a difference.

Did you try the reset option?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/netflix-x1-app-frozen

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

Mine is currently doing the same thing. I am about to reset my gateway to factory settings and manually set up the entire network at this point.

I have had the xi5 and xg1v3 for a while with no problems, a few weeks ago I upgraded to the xg1v4 and once again have had zero problems.

Well I decided I was actually going to take advantage of the 4K on my upstairs tv and contacted support for an xi6 upgrade, picked it up this morning.

Worked fine for Netflix all day long but prime was giving me the connection error and wouldn’t connect. All other apps connect just fine.

Comcast support ran diagnostics and worked through it with me for hours, only to reset the whole system and end up having Netflix then stop working. 😵

All apps work fine on my xg1v4 downstairs, but not on the xi6. Finally the tech told me it must be a bad box, (it was a new box after all) so I went ahead and wasted another hour driving to the store to swap it out. Just got the new one home and guess what, same stinking problem. Absolutely no issues with the v4 but prime and Netflix will not work on the xi6.

Will somebody please help me before I lose my mind ? Apparently the installer changed my password to my admin tools on the gateway 🙄 so I can’t even get in to see if there are firewall issues or something.

Some information that might be useful, when I log into Netflix and do the connection check, it is only seeing 14-15 mbps connection speed. I think this an indicator to the root of the problems. Seems to me that this is a gateway issue as far as my problems go. Especially since the v4 via moca has no problems at all.

I really don’t want to have to reset my gateway.

My stb on the xi6 is ax061aei_3.4p7s1_prod_sdy

I am on the 400 mbps plan and consistently see 460-480 mbps. Makes no sense why it is not seeing an internet connection for prime and only 14-15 for Netflix when the box is 15 feet from the gateway and my iPhone and surface see 300 all day long.
Official Employee

Good morning everyone. For those of you that have done the basic troubleshooting like the app reset and continue to experience problems, please send me a private message so I can take a look at your account on this end and we can discuss what can be done to fix the issue. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Hey Morgan I had already messaged Ken last night, hopefully he can figure out what is going on with mine. Thanks for the post though I will message you if we don’t have any luck.
Official Employee

Oh, very good. As long as you're in a PM with one of us, that is all that we ask. Ken is awesome and should be able to get you taken care of! 

New Poster

Posting so I can PM

New Poster

I recently started having the problem with Connection Error. Never experienced this until a few days ago. Internet speed is 150+ download, 12 upload. Can’t imagine it is truly a connection error
Contributor

As it says above, it is not a connection error.  And as it says above, there is one possible solution now and another solution later.

Now, you can exchange your box at a Comcast store for the latest version (V4, which many call the 4K box).  That might work.

Xfiinity is working on the problem, which is a nationwide one, for all boxes.

Regular Visitor

Ok Comcast you can go ahead and give me a few months of free service.

It is a networking problem as I though. To be more specific it is an ipv6 probablem.

I just disabled the WiFi connection on my xi6 and used a spare airport express of mine in client mode (bridge) with a hard wired Ethernet connection.

Go figure it started right up and everything works perfectly now 🙄

I have not determined exactly what the issue is yet since I do not want to take the time to completely set up my entire network and home security again since clearly the original tech didn’t set permissions in the gateway correctly, or there is an issue with the xi6 being addressed ipv6 addresses. He changed my gateway password and I have no idea what it is so short of a factory reset there is nothing I can do.

I haven’t checked but I am assuming the tech disabled or modified the ipv6 settings in the gateway. A little searching online brought up the Rogers website (they use the same hardware) and a couple techs explaining the xi6 is finicky with ipv6 settings and this is a very common problem.

Official Employee

Hello all, 

Thanks for sending me private messages so I can investigate this for you all. If you are still seeing this issue and we haven't spoken yet, please feel free to drop me a PM. 

KenF

Regular Visitor

@ComcastKenF  I have sent you 2 messages about this issue and not received a reply. Please help. Thank you

Official Employee

@ComcastKenF  I have sent you 2 messages about this issue and not received a reply. Please help. Thank you

NanaTim, that is because my coworker responded to your message to me but we didn't hear back from you. I'll follow up with you in private message. 

KenF

Regular Contributor

Hi, I am having this issue with amazon prime. I got a new companion box on Monday and it does not seem to want to play prime. You tube does work. Netflix does not. It loads and gets stuck at 99%. Please help.
Regular Contributor

So I posted a public message but cannot figure out how to PM. I clicked on the name and it takes me the "About ComcastKen" screen. I do not see a button to push to send a message. What am I missing? @ComcastKenF 

Silver Problem Solver

@tstevensufl96 wrote:

So I posted a public message but cannot figure out how to PM. I clicked on the name and it takes me the "About ComcastKen" screen. I do not see a button to push to send a message. What am I missing? @ComcastKenF 

The link is on the right side of the About page; sometimes it is hard to see:Send a message-3.jpb.jpg

New Poster

Posting so that I can PM
New Poster

I'm getting this too, Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

I have new x1 system, 4 TVs ,  linked 3 TV  to  my Amazon prime account

I am only able to watch prime videos on 1 TV, the other 2 TV I get the internet connection error

The 4th I havent tryed to connect yet

What the heck is going on?

Contributor

As it says above, you need either the latest box, which may or may not work, or patience that the company is fixing the problem.

@ScopeEye wrote:

I'm getting this too, Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

I have new x1 system, 4 TVs ,  linked 3 TV  to  my Amazon prime account

I am only able to watch prime videos on 1 TV, the other 2 TV I get the internet connection error

The 4th I havent tryed to connect yet

What the heck is going on?

Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue. I had not posted before so could not PM you. 

Regular Visitor

I have my main comcast box working with amazon prime, my secondary box for the bedroom has this issue urgh.   And judging by the thread, it doesn't look hopeful for a fix. 

Silver Problem Solver

@GuyRB wrote:

I have my main comcast box working with amazon prime, my secondary box for the bedroom has this issue urgh.   And judging by the thread, it doesn't look hopeful for a fix. 

Which X1 box do you have in the bedroom?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

Regular Visitor

Hi,

I have a non-dvr campanion box in the bedroom which is what I get the error on.   The main dvr box downstairs works fine and I can watch amazon prime content on it.

Guy

Silver Problem Solver

@GuyRB wrote:

Hi,

I have a non-dvr campanion box in the bedroom which is what I get the error on.   The main dvr box downstairs works fine and I can watch amazon prime content on it.

Guy

Is the companion using and ethernet connection or a wifi connection?  Which companion?

Regular Visitor

Is the companion using and ethernet connection or a wifi connection?  Which companion?

It is a Pace XiD X1 - it is on my network as a MoCA connection so it is WiFi.

New Poster

Hello everyone,

After going through the trouble-shooting with Customer Support (on the phone), going to the store to get a new X1 box, they finally sent a technician came to my house.

He finally got it fixed after trying with a second box.  Evidently, the Samsung box has the problem (he did not know why), and the PACE box does not!

At least, the PACE box is the one that fixes my Prime issue, you may want to ask for this too!

Good luck!

Official Employee

Hello @ScopeEye and others still affected by this issue, if you haven't already, you will need to swap the box for a compatible one. If you would like me to help schedule a tech to do so, feel free to message me with your first and last name. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

If you don't want to have a tech, you can also swap your box at your local Comcast Retail Location. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Regular Contributor

Which boxes are compatible so I know what to ask for?
Official Employee

Are you currently using a Pace or Samsung box @tstevensufl96

Regular Contributor

Is there a way I can tell? I don’t see either name on the box. The bottom of the box says XiD-C. Model #CXD01ANI. Thanks!
Regular Visitor

posting so I can send you a message

Regular Visitor

Thanks to @ComcastKenF my issue is resolved and I can now stream through the amazon prime app on my campanion box as well!   Many thanks!

Regular Visitor

Mine is now fixed. No resolution found in the forum posts. KenF and Zach (Comcast employees) took my issue on 1:1, but no resolution there. 

Solution: box swap. Tech came in person and spent 2+hrs troubleshooting, often with manager on the phone. They found it puzzling that the X1 box wouldn't play Prime content, but the mini-boxes (satellite little extensions) would. After all kinds of resets, modem settings and exterior cable muckracking, it was decided that the swap was the route to take.

Sure, I'm happy to be able to stream Prime content (I wouldn't say most of it is worth caring about), but it took almost three weeks, multiple PMs, phone calls and finally a Sunday afternoon with a friendly tech in my living room to get this resolved. 

I suspect it's a hardware firmware update that would address this, as it's likely a bug Amazon fixed, but requires reinstallation of the Prime app. 

Contributor

Hey DBSeattle:

What was the model of the old box?  What is the model of the new box?  I know the most common solution is when a user does not have the latest X1 box and swaps for it.  The latest version is version 4 and is sometimes called 4K by Comcast employees.  Your information can help workers monitoring this forum to fix the problem for everyone.

New Poster

I have had this problem for 2 months and they keep saying its Amazon's problem. They have no idea how to handle it and they'll switch to another agent to do the same thing
New Poster

I’m having this same issue: Prime Video does not work on main X1 box. Prime works on all other boxes in house and from computer. Netflix and YouTube work on main X1 and all other boxes. I’ve called this in to tech support a couple of times and gone through all of their troubleshooting with no resolution. Please advise on next steps to resolution. Thanks!
Contributor

Sounds like many people are having this same problem...doesn't sound like contacting Xfinity does any  good.  My primary X1 box workds fine in the den on everything.  The smaller X1 in the bedroom just recently installed  works on cable stations, Youtube, etc. but will not show video on either netflix or Prime. I get a message that I have a internet connection problem (which I don't).

What do I do about this ???

New Poster

Prime video internet connection error

Hello
Since prime video has been added to x1, I have not been able to access it using my main DVR box. It works fine on my secondary boxes. YouTube, be Netflix and Pandora work on the DVR box as well. I'm getting an internet connection error when I try to select a sore to watch, I am able to login and browse the prime video menus.
Regular Visitor

Thanks @ComcastKenF - will follow up with a PM

Contributor

My new x1 which is the smaller version operates ok on all video channels except Prime or Netflix.

I have just recently installed this smaller box within the week.

Keeeps saying that there is an internet problem, which is not the case since all other channels work fine.....The regular larger X1 box works just fine on all channels including Prime and Netflix.

So what should I do ? What are my options ?

@ComcastKenF wrote:

***Validated Best Answer as of 04/2019***

Hey All, you have to post publicly before you can private message anyone. That is not an error or glitch--private messaging in the forum is working as intended. Please send me a message if you haven't already. 

Side note, if you are using the Kid Zone feature of X1 and try to launch an Amazon Prime asset and the error appears (connection error), this is a known issue. We are working on resolving that handoff error.  If you are not using Kid Zone to launch Amazon Prime content, that is different altogether-- please send me or ComcastMorgan a private message if the latter is your case. Most likely we will need to update your box or get you a new one. 

Thanks in advance for your continued patience as we work on getting this fully resolved. 

KenF

Silver Problem Solver

Prime and Netlix use the Internet .  Which X1 box do you have?