Community Forum

Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

New Poster

Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

I have signed in when I try to play anything on amazon prime. I get a internet connection error.
Netflix, YouTube, pandora all work no problems.
Amazon prime Leo’s saying no internet connection but I signed in a can look at what is playing
New Poster

Re: Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

Im having the same issue but only one one tv which has the master box to the house which is strange. The same movie works fine on the other boxes and they are the wireless boxes. I tryed to log out and log back in to amazon prime but to no avail. Could be a glicth that will soon be addressed.

Expert

@Pamelabrown805 wrote:

Im having the same issue but only one one tv which has the master box to the house which is strange. The same movie works fine on the other boxes and they are the wireless boxes. I tryed to log out and log back in to amazon prime but to no avail. Could be a glicth that will soon be addressed.

on the set top box connected TV that does not work, does the Youtube app work?  using your voice control say "about". what is the line to right of STV version?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I'm having the same problem. X1 box is connected via lan and wifi. Upstairs box played amazon prime just fine the main box downstairs keeps getting internet connection error. Youtube, netflix, and others work fine.
New Poster

Same issue. It has been happening for the last few days
New Poster

I am having the same issue with my Amazon App on the Main Box.  Both Netflix and YouTube work perfectly, and I am able to browse Amazon.  The connection error is only when you try to play a video.  My STV Number is XO13AN_3.2p10sl_PROD_sey.

New Poster

My STV Number is : PXO13AN_3.2p10sl_PROD_sey.

New Poster

would be nice if they answered this as I am also having the same issue so I called customer service a month ago n all they did was was resent signal to my DVR which didn't work ... cute they still have zero answers as to why still.. glad to know thou I'm not the only one with this issue 🙄
New Poster

AX013AN_32p1Os1_PROD_sey is what is on mine with the same issue. It’s my primary box on my tvs.
Expert

@Lleslie72 wrote:
AX013AN_32p1Os1_PROD_sey is what is on mine with the same issue. It’s my primary box on my tvs.

you will need to call 800-comcast and select tech support and let them run their tests for 'internet' access by your xg1 version 3 DVR.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

It is a known problem and they do not respond and I have called multiple times
Frequent Visitor

This problem seems to remain unresolved. I have not been able to view content on Prime Video on my main DVR box for over 2 months. Works on upstairs box. Netflix works, no problem. I can view Prime Video on my iPad fine. 

Comast should at least replace the “Internet Connection Error” with an “out of service” message so subscribers don’t mistakenly believe this is a problem with Amazon or their internet service, which clearly it is not. 

Expert

@jbriang wrote:

This problem seems to remain unresolved. I have not been able to view content on Prime Video on my main DVR box for over 2 months. Works on upstairs box. Netflix works, no problem. I can view Prime Video on my iPad fine. 

Comast should at least replace the “Internet Connection Error” with an “out of service” message so subscribers don’t mistakenly believe this is a problem with Amazon or their internet service, which clearly it is not. 

would you use voice command "about"' on that TV and reply with the rest of the line after STB version... ?

Frequent Visitor

MX011AN_3.3p6s2_PROD_sey

New Poster

I had the same exact problem as you and the others on this thread. After trying Xfinity chat support and phone support and multiple DVR resets, I finally decided to replace by XG1v3 DVR. I went to my local Xfinity store today and got the latest model XG1v4 DVR and now Prime Video finally works again. The Sales Consultant there was excellent. He also gave me the latest non DVR boxes as replacements for the older ones on my other TVs and changed my plan to save me more than $20/month. 

Hope this helps to end the frustration. Good luck. 

Expert

@thelonious781 wrote:

I had the same exact problem as you and the others on this thread. After trying Xfinity chat support and phone support and multiple DVR resets, I finally decided to replace by XG1v3 DVR. I went to my local Xfinity store today and got the latest model XG1v4 DVR and now Prime Video finally works again. The Sales Consultant there was excellent. He also gave me the latest non DVR boxes as replacements for the older ones on my other TVs and changed my plan to save me more than $20/month. 

Hope this helps to end the frustration. Good luck. 

are any of the non-DVR boxes much bigger than the others? (that would be an XG2 that has its own tuner and 3 more tuners and a DOCSIS modem for the other non-DVR boxes to use and that frees up the DVR's tuners so you can record up to 6 programs at the same time. (yhou can see the models by using 'about' and noting the rest of the line after "STB version...".

Frequent Visitor

Second box is PXD01ANI. Prime Video plays on that box. 

Expert

@jbriang wrote:

Second box is PXD01ANI. Prime Video plays on that box. 

consider swapping that XiD for an XG2 companion (same price). it will increase the number of DVR tuners you have available to record and watch live.

Frequent Visitor

What I conclude from this is that the Comcast equipment does not work with all Comcast services. If so, I can’t imagine why Comcast would leave this to customers to figure out and not advise customers that the “Internet Connection Error” is likely inadequate equipment. 

Expert

@jbriang wrote:

What I conclude from this is that the Comcast equipment does not work with all Comcast services. If so, I can’t imagine why Comcast would leave this to customers to figure out and not advise customers that the “Internet Connection Error” is likely inadequate equipment. 

companion (Xi) set top boxes must use a tuner from a DVR or an XG2 to play live TV. When used from the DVR it reduces the number of tuners the DVR has available to use to record/watch live TV. it seems best practice is to have a DVR then an XG2 and then up to 3 Xi3/XiD set top boxes that will use the XG2s tuners and not the DVRs tuners. none of that affects using internet apps unless MoCA communication between the devices is somehow blocked.

New Poster

I have the same problem and customer support was not helpful.
Frequent Visitor

Same problem on the XG1v4. Also not getting anywhere with customer support. Sort of curious that the only thing to watch in 4K is the apps, and one of the big ones doesn’t work.
Frequent Visitor

@Rustyben, I don’t know why you’ve hijacked this thread to talk about tuners. These people are asking about the Prime app.
Expert

@Grossnickle wrote:
@Rustyben, I don’t know why you’ve hijacked this thread to talk about tuners. These people are asking about the Prime app.

for non-DVR non XG2 X1 set top devices (xi3/xiD/xi5/xi6) the device must communicate via MoCA to use the modem/tuners in the XG1/XG2. If MoCa communications have issues or DVR is already servicing other devices, issues can happen (hence the discusion about best practice in device inventory). 

Expert

@jbriang wrote:

is your use of the app now working? I have not seen a reply from you in this thread.

Expert

@Bruggie wrote:
I have the same problem and customer support was not helpful.

for diagnostic purposes try the youtube app. does it work normally? Also, test the Pandora app.

Frequent Visitor

@Rustyben Considering that we’ve seen no fewer than three different models, across primary and secondary boxes, I doubt the error is stemming from a setup issue.

While we appreciate your volunteer work, I think it’s time for an actual Comcast employee to weigh in here.
Frequent Visitor

@Rustyben no, I can access Prime and it shows which episodes I have watched, but video play is not working. As I said, Netflix, YouTube, Pandora all work, Prime does not. Prime works on Apple TV, as do all the other apps, so that is where I have gone. I will keep Comcast internet, cancel the X1 video and return the remaining boxes. Just not worth the hassle and cost. 

Expert

@jbriang wrote:

@Rustyben no, I can access Prime and it shows which episodes I have watched, but video play is not working. As I said, Netflix, YouTube, Pandora all work, Prime does not. Prime works on Apple TV, as do all the other apps, so that is where I have gone. I will keep Comcast internet, cancel the X1 video and return the remaining boxes. Just not worth the hassle and cost. 

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, but like I said, too much hassle. If Comcast was concerned, they would have someone already monitoring this site, instead of all of us just talking amongst ourselves.
Silver Problem Solver

@jbriang wrote:
Thanks, but like I said, too much hassle. If Comcast was concerned, they would have someone already monitoring this site, instead of all of us just talking amongst ourselves.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Guidelines/m-p/3115028#M1

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I am having the same issue! Frustrating!
Frequent Visitor

Just got off the phone on a follow-up call. They said there’s an outtage between the app and amazon. Not sure what that means for the people who started this thread two months ago.
Frequent Visitor

Next day. Still not working. Anyone else?
Frequent Visitor

I receieved yet another follow-up call on the Prime issue last night, this time from a Level 2 operator. He made no mention of the "outtage" reffered to in the previous call, and I didn't bring it up. He reset the modem and said he'd call back after a few of minutes to see if that worked. The modem reset did not address the problem, and he never called back.

New Poster

I was on the phone with level 2 support for 20 minutes on Saturday only to have her send me instrucitons on registering my X1 device with amazon prime, which was done weeks ago when it was working.  I called back and they said it was escalated to level 2 and should be fixed in 24 hours.  So an hour later and all I'm being told is they're working on it.  Still not working.  It seems as though there's a known issue there is no fix for...

New Poster

So here it is March 12th and I also have this issue. I called Amazon who connected me to Comcast who reset my box. When they called back to check on it and found it still didn't work, they tried to connect remotely, but couldn't. Then the agent found an open ticket that was created on Feb 4th. He said it's a known issue and there is no estimate on when it will be fixed. Since it's been over a month and no estimated date, we can count on it not being fixed anytime soon. I'm guessing there is a broadband fight going on between the 2 companies so Xfinity probably shut it down.
Official Employee

Hi All, 

If you are still getting a connection error on the Amazon app, please send me a private message with your full name so I can assist. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

My Prime app just spins and shuts off. It doesn’t prompt me to login or anything. All other apps such as Netflix and YouTube work just fine. What is the issue here?
Expert

@JAC57 wrote:
My Prime app just spins and shuts off. It doesn’t prompt me to login or anything. All other apps such as Netflix and YouTube work just fine. What is the issue here?

would you use the voice command 'about' on that DVR and reply with the rest of the line after "STB version.."?

Official Employee

_____\
@JAC57 please send @ComcastKenF your account information so he can look at your account/equipment

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

_____\
@JAC57 please send @ComcastKenF your account information so he can look at your account/equipment

Yes, please do!

Official Employee

Hi All, 

Is everyone attempting to play the Amazon prime content shown in the Kid's Zone?

KenF

Official Employee

Hey All, you have to post publicly before you can private message anyone. That is not an error or glitch--that is working as intended. Please send me a message if you haven't already. 

Side note, if you are using the Kid Zone feature of X1 and try to launch an Amazon Prime asset and the error appears (connection error), this is a known issue. We are working on resolving that handoff error.  If you are not using Kid Zone to launch Amazon Prime content, that is different altogether-- please send me a private message if the latter is your case. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

I was not using Kid Zone when the app was not functional. However, the Prime App starting working for me last night. We didn't do anything to address the problem. We just tired it again on a whim, and it ended up working. Hopefully this is the last time I have to think about it.

Official Employee

I was not using Kid Zone when the app was not functional. However, the Prime App starting working for me last night. We didn't do anything to address the problem. We just tired it again on a whim, and it ended up working. Hopefully this is the last time I have to think about it.

Grossnickle, thanks for the update here. Glad the app is working for you now. Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks to KenF, I got a call from Comcast with someone to look into the problem.   The person looked into it and said the following:  Comcast has a nationwide outage on Prime Video.  It is a system issue.  Their network engineers have been working on it for weeks.  They will call me when it’s fixed.

New Poster

Ken. Having same issue. Was not using kidzone. Interface worked fine a couple days ago.
Regular Visitor

I have been following this stream since sometime in January. Amazon Prime was working for us until about 3 weeks ago. I do not have a kids zone. I am trying to access Prime video through the "Featured" and "Video" lines in Apps. So far I am still getting the error message. Just as other post noted, Prime Video works on our other TV in our master bedroom with a small box. Prime video also works on my phone and on our computers. It is ONLY not working through my X1 console which is our primary TV. This is frustrating for us. I was on the phone with technical support in the Philippines yesterday for almost 3 hours going through various levels of Tech Suppt and repeatedly logging in and out of Prime video. The last technician finally told me to take my X1 box to our local Xfinity store. He said that it needed to be exchanged. He never said anything about others having this problem until I found out by doing a Google search. Thanks for the great support Xfinity! I feel that you could have notified your customers about this problem and not made us waste our time chasing a problem that we cannot fix.
Frequent Visitor