srpawski2's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, October 29th, 2020 7:00 PM

Closed

Adding A 5th Box

I just recently got X1. I have an XG2v2-P as my primary box and three additional boxes, all of which are XiD-P. I might want to add a 5th box. My question is, would this 5th box be another XiD-P, or would it be the larger XG2v2-P box? I am unsure how many tuners are in the larger box and if by having one now and three smaller boxes if I am maxed out on tuners.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

XG2 has four tuners, the fifth box would need to be an XG2

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for your response. With Covid going on and all, if I do that request online either through My Account which will let me request another box, or by chatting with a rep, will I need to specify which box I need, or when my order is processed and shipped to me will whoever fulfills it know which box to send so I get the right box sent to me the first time? I prefer not going to my local Xfinity store.

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @srpawski2, that's a great question! I'm not sure if the MyAccount App would automatically determine you'd need an XG2 box. I totally understand your concerns about going into a service center since the COVID cases seem to be on the rise again. If you haven't got the box you need, I'd be happy to help by requesting and shipping it for you.  To get started, please send a private message with your full name, as it appears on your billing statement and your service address. To send a message, click on my name "ComcastChe," then click send a message. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here