Community Forum

4K DVR recordings are pixelated

char318
Regular Visitor

4K DVR recordings are pixelated

Usually happens on Fox and ABC. More often than not the eve recording us pixilated and in watchable. Sometimes it happens on live tv but if we change channels then go back it clears up. The DVM is useless if this continues. How do we fix this? I have reset the box. Does not help
Rustyben
Expert

Re: 4K DVR recordings are pixelated

@char318 wrote:
Usually happens on Fox and ABC. More often than not the eve recording us pixilated and in watchable. Sometimes it happens on live tv but if we change channels then go back it clears up. The DVM is useless if this continues. How do we fix this? I have reset the box. Does not help

usually individual channels are cuased by in-home spliters or cable ends or loose connections causing low-signal and/or high noise. Sometimes it is just a failing 'hard drive' on the older DVRs. if you play back the same recording on a smart phone/tablet is the video non-pixelated?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
char318
Regular Visitor

I just tried it in the app on my iPhone and the recording was fine. Weird.
Rustyben
Expert

@char318 wrote:
I just tried it in the app on my iPhone and the recording was fine. Weird.

that shows the network program was not the problem. that points to the home wiring or the wiring going to your home. you can schedule an appointment to fix the problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!