Community Forum

4K Cable Box outputs

RPMCanes
Regular Visitor

4K Cable Box outputs

Is there a 4K Cable box that has more than one output, so that it doesn't have to be daisy-chained through a receiver anywhere on the horizon?

billmich88888
Regular Contributor

Re: 4K Cable Box outputs

not sure there is any box they have that has more than 1 hdmi output,

you can always get a 4K HDMI splitter

RPMCanes
Regular Visitor

Doesn't even need to be an HDMI port, just a separate audio output would be nice.
billmich88888
Regular Contributor

@RPMCanes wrote:
Doesn't even need to be an HDMI port, just a separate audio output would be nice.

completely agree, a simple Toslink would be nice

you can get an HDMI audio extractor fairly cheap as a possible solution as well

Rustyben
Expert

@RPMCanes wrote:

Is there a 4K Cable box that has more than one output, so that it doesn't have to be daisy-chained through a receiver anywhere on the horizon?

to get best results, connect 4k set top box to the TV's HDMI1 or HDMI2 (see TV owner's manual). then ARC or eARC out from TV to the receiver. other connections (coaxial audio, TosLink, etc are deprecated technology now. use of a breakout box may likely 'break' the 4k security path unless box is specifically designed to pass through the encrypted video stream.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
RPMCanes
Regular Visitor

I was planning on going from my cable box into a new Anthem A/V processor, then out to the TV from there.  I figure that would have much higher bandwidth and processing power than the TV?

billmich88888
Regular Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@RPMCanes wrote:

to get best results, connect 4k set top box to the TV's HDMI1 or HDMI2 (see TV owner's manual). then ARC or eARC out from TV to the receiver. other connections (coaxial audio, TosLink, etc are deprecated technology now. use of a breakout box may likely 'break' the 4k security path unless box is specifically designed to pass through the encrypted video stream.

Toslink cant do atmos or anything beyond 5.1 - it's a solution, but not an ideal one for people with high end setups