Community Forum

4 k set up

Highlighted
Contributor

4 k set up

I have a new Samsung q 4k that worked fine with my old box. Found out last night during the game it was not set up for 4k with this box as I need a new 4k box. Got the new one fine, hooked it up just like my old box and 4 hours later they are sending a Comcast Tech out as its still not getting a signal or pic and was told they are having trouble with the new 4 k boxes. Is it just me?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: 4 k set up

@shipper50 wrote:

I have a new Samsung q 4k that worked fine with my old box. Found out last night during the game it was not set up for 4k with this box as I need a new 4k box. Got the new one fine, hooked it up just like my old box and 4 hours later they are sending a Comcast Tech out as its still not getting a signal or pic and was told they are having trouble with the new 4 k boxes. Is it just me?

many times the signal level that supports the older legacy DVRs won't give a good enough signal to support the new DVR. easily fixable by a field tech who will isolate low signal and/or high noise problems to only within the home or outside the home or both.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!