Allisonbevan's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 20th, 2020 10:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity beta stream app subscribe channel

Use Xfinity stream app on some TVs. I have boxes on some I get all channels on those but TVs with app had been getting all channels til today now all channels say subscribe besides major networks like cbs, abc etc . Tried online chat with Xfinity they were no help

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I have the exact same issue.  The xfinity Stream app on all my Roku devices and tablets will not stream anything other than the major local networks.  Every other channel says a subscription is required and an upgrade is needed.  I spent over an hour chatting with an agent restarting, reinstalling, reauthorizing everywhere.  Nothing worked.  Very frustrated to pay for services that I can not use.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am also experiencing this issue! Currently on live chat with an agent but so far no resolution 😞

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

this also happened to me as well. started sometime last night. was fine just earlier in the day. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Hey, friends! So, I removed the app and then added it back and had to "authorize" it but that seemed to work! At least for now anyway.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I am also having the same issue. I can’t see channels like CNN or USA. I called support and still no resolution.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Having the same issue starting Friday 11/20/2020.  I was on hold for the 2nd tier Tech Support for almost an hour wait (twice!) to be told that they are aware of the this problem and the the engineers are working on it!  YES the first tier tech support could not tell me that! had to wait for an hour for the 2nd Tier Support to tell me that.

Anyways, one user reported that remove and re-install the app solved the problem.  Anyone else had luch with this? 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Sadly, I tried logging out and logging in. That actually made it worse because my recently seen items connector the missing channels were gone. Then I removed the app all together and reinstalled. That also did not work. I just checked the app this morning, still no resolution. Has anyone else had luck?

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue here also. Wish I had found this earlier. After 2 hours with tech support they told me they have a nationwide outage on this. Sounded wierd until I found this. But only local channels on my phone, iPad, roku or smart TV. Very frustrating.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue here still been messing with this for 2 hours, only local channels. So frustrating, wish I would have came here first and seen nothing. Works. Removed, reinstalled, no luck

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Channels are now starting to come back to the correct channel number, but still get “subscribe” button instead of watch

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same problem with all of my Roku Sticks.  The channels had been working up until sometime in the last 24 hours.

I have tried restarting my modem, restarting my Roku Sticks, and uninstall/reinstall Xfinity beta app.  The problem has persisted.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

The issue is with the authentication service that confirm your devices Mac address is allowed to link to your tv subscription account via internet.

I bet if you try the app on your phone connected thru home you will have the same issue.
I have seen this more locally months ago and the reps had to reinitialize the account. But this seems much wider spread level issue sane thing but much wider spread. Maybe something on their authentication server clusters that was replicated thru different subnets. Obviously its not everyone as mine is OK. Are you all in the same region of the US?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

only a temporary fix. on nbcsports it works for a few minutes then the "subscription" error message pops up again.. usually when my team is about to score a goal! lol 

very frustrating 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Good news! Looks like the issue may have been resolved. I can see all the missing channels now.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here