hunterh's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, September 14th, 2019 10:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Streaming Beta issue

This app seemed to work well on my Samsung Smart TV (although a bit cumbersome to navigate).  However, in the last couple of days when I launch the app it gives this error....."We had a problem reaching the configuration server.  Please check your network connection and retry."  I have reset the connection and am able to stream from other apps but continue to get the error for the Xfinitity streaming app.  Any ideas?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@hunterh wrote:

This app seemed to work well on my Samsung Smart TV (although a bit cumbersome to navigate).  However, in the last couple of days when I launch the app it gives this error....."We had a problem reaching the configuration server.  Please check your network connection and retry."  I have reset the connection and am able to stream from other apps but continue to get the error for the Xfinitity streaming app.  Any ideas?

uninstall the app and reinstall and authorize.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I've done that but have the same outcome

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

It's not even giving me the opportunity to reauthorize after reinstalling.  The error message comes right up.

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Yes.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@nicksbarra wrote:

It's not even giving me the opportunity to reauthorize after reinstalling.  The error message comes right up.

are you and X1 customer with set top box(es) and internet cable modem/gateway?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@nicksbarra wrote:

Yes.

select the channel on the main roku menu and press the * (star) key not the enter key and then remove the xfinity stream TV channel. unplug the roku from all cords (hdmi and power) for 30 seconds or more then plug back in and reinstall the channel. working?

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

I am using my Samsung TV. It works on the Roku.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@nicksbarra wrote:
I am using my Samsung TV. It works on the Roku.

same procedure. uninstall the app. unplug the TV from power (not just turn it off) for 30 seconds or longer then plug back in and reinstall.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I have deleted and reinstalled.  I have deleted, unplugged TV, plugged in TV and reinstalled.  I have restored TV to factory setting.   Still nothing.....I can see why this app has a 2/5 rating.....

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

access denied message....

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Try this.. worked for me.

- Uninstall App
-Unplug TV for 30 sec
-Reinstall App
-Don’t open app from the App Store or the home screen. Go to the app with your remote but don’t select it. Select a show or movie from the menu above the home apps and it should work.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Was this resolved? I am having the exact same problem with Samsung tv.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

That happened to me 2 days ago tried your idea but still no go. Xfinity don't seem to give two hoots about it.

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

It worked for me and I haven’t closed the app since just in case. I’m pretty sure they have absolutely no clue whats wrong. They use this streaming app as a marketing tool but it’s a POS. And once they get it right it won’t be free anymore.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Nicksbarra's advice has worked for me.

I have to open up the app from selecting a program then backing up to the listings menu.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here