bobbygeez420's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, April 19th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream on Samsung 8 Series

Hi All,

Have a question about the Samsung 8 Series, Model TU8000 that isn't able to find the Xfinity Stream beta, however it says that it is compatible, has anyone noticed this issue or have a fix for it?

Thanks in advance...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

As a heads up this is a TV, forgot to mention in the title and description.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same issue on two new series 8 tv's i just purchased.  I dont want to have to use the lil roku box because.I dont want to use another remote.  Please help

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

Hello bobbygeez420,

The Beta requires Samsung Series 8 TVs to have a minimum software version (Minimum T-KTM2AKUC 1131.9).

Could you follow the steps listed on the following website and confirm that your software version is up to date? https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks i've followed the steps, but i think the TV isn't compatible yet or that hasn't been a push from xfinity for the newer model TV's.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hello. I too just purchased a Samsung TU8000 smart tv. It’s the 2020 model. After purchase and setup, I tried to download the XFINITY STREAM app through the Samsung search process on TV. The app is not found. Worked with Samsung customer service to update the TV software but app is still not found. Samsung says it’s Comcast’s issue. Comcast says it’s Samsung’s issue. To me, this is a Comcast / Xfinity app. You need to give it to Samsung. We are coming up on month 6 of 2020. All I need to know is by what date will Comcast be updating Samsung with the Xfinity Stream app that allows Samsung TU8000 smart to TV to enjoy the app? If I can’t get any answer or insight, I’m either going to return the TV or maybe switch service providers. The Xfinity website doesn’t even discuss the app for 2020.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs

Really need some correct/ valid response to this question please

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@ScottinWC wrote:
Hello. I too just purchased a Samsung TU8000 smart tv. It’s the 2020 model. After purchase and setup, I tried to download the XFINITY STREAM app through the Samsung search process on TV. The app is not found. Worked with Samsung customer service to update the TV software but app is still not found. Samsung says it’s Comcast’s issue. Comcast says it’s Samsung’s issue. To me, this is a Comcast / Xfinity app. You need to give it to Samsung. We are coming up on month 6 of 2020. All I need to know is by what date will Comcast be updating Samsung with the Xfinity Stream app that allows Samsung TU8000 smart to TV to enjoy the app? If I can’t get any answer or insight, I’m either going to return the TV or maybe switch service providers. The Xfinity website doesn’t even discuss the app for 2020.

Really need some correct/ valid response to this question please

the lab at Samsung has to prepare the TV model (or decide not to ) software to support the current Stream app they are using at Samsung. once they do that, the model can access the app at the Samsung app store. Samsung may just not be wanting to add the ability to use the current app. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

That makes no sense. Why would Samsung not want to update the app? Xfinity makes a point of their stream app being compatible with Samsung or lG models. Sounds like you don’t know the answer. That’s okay. Just say so .

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

We have just released support for the Xfinity Stream App on 2020 Samsung Smart TVs.

Thank you for your patience and let us know if you have any further concerns.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I can officially confirm that the App for the TU8000 Samsung 2020 smart TV is now available and working.     Users should note that you a) may need to run UPDATE on your TV software from the menu (samsung will recommend this) and then b)  Once you load the app, it may take over an hour for the TBD channel guide to populate.

Now that the APP works and we've had a chance to enjoy the TV, this Samsung set has great color and vivid picture and the Comcast App works great.    We use this TV outside under a Covered Pavillion and the Xfinity Stream App means no cable box and no wires!     

This is the future of TV right here.     I should also add that the Samsung TV with the Xfinity App, Netflix and Amazon Prime plus Samsung Plus TV and Internet access is a an awesome TV.

Enjoy.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

@ComcastStream 

Thanks for the update. Can you please update your official list to reflect what 2020 Samsung model can be supported?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here