mdum1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, September 29th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream app on Android 11 shows a black screen after selecting a channel and clicking 'Watch'

Xfinity Stream app on my Pixel 3 phone running Android 11 shows a black screen after selecting a channel and clicking 'Watch'.

At the same time, a 'cast' icon is displayed at the top right. Clicking this icon resulted in successful casting on your TV. At this point, your phone screen shows a static picture with a slide bar.

There is no way to have a TV picture appear on my phone Stream app screen without clicking a 'cast' icon.

The same Xfinity Stream app works correctly on my other phone running Android 7.  It looks like a Stream app on Android 11 has a problem with a built-in viewer. 

Is anybody saw this kind of behavior and found a way to fix a problem without casting?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having the same issue with my pixel 3. This update has so many bugs!

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you. Do you know that you still able to cast from phone to the tv?

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I spoke to the Xfinity STREAM app developers. I was asked to put details on chat in order for them to investigate and fix the case. Thanks for confirming. As of now we need just wait and hope 🙂

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I don't know -- but I really only use it to stream on my phone when I am commuting on the train and such. It's very disappointing that this is no longer working on my phone.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for letting me know!

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

It used to work for some time in January 2021 on my Pixel 3 phone ( Android 11). Xfinity stream app stop working again after January 30 update. Black screen after selecting menu item with 3 moving dots. The same problem on my Samsung tablet with Android 10
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here