silentstone's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, February 21st, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream app is not recognizing that it's on my home network

Xfinity Stream app is not recognizing that it's on my Comcast home network. I can't watch live TV on my smart TVs.  I used to have one of Comcast's XFi modems, but bought my own modem earlier this month.  The modem was plugged into the cable line, but ALL my devices for internet and TV connected wirelessly.  Replacing Comcast's modem with a store-bought was easy and everything worked.  Until I returned the Comcast modem to a Comcast service shop.  Next day, the Stream app on all my smart TVs slowed then stopped loading.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Stream app, and it needed activation code. After processing that, I get this message on Stream app: "this device can only access Xfinity stream on your in-home Xfinity Network..."

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@silentstone wrote:

I kept clicking on that and it's giving the model number of the now-missing Xfinity modem.

My internet connection is working fine and all my devices are online through it.  i can log into the router's admin system, but according to Comcast's app, it's looking for the old Xfinity modem?  But, I called customer service and they have my non-Xfinity modem listed under my account!!

apparently they didn't update it after all. call 800-Comcast. select billing. ask the agent to update your modem 'serial number' (give the agent the HFC MAC address off your working modem. when the agent updates it have them reset your modem and then check the my account app for the correct serial number. In a few minutes or up to 24 hours the stream services should then treat your new wifi as 'in-home'.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@silentstone wrote:

Xfinity Stream app is not recognizing that it's on my Comcast home network. I can't watch live TV on my smart TVs.  I used to have one of Comcast's XFi modems, but bought my own modem earlier this month.  The modem was plugged into the cable line, but ALL my devices for internet and TV connected wirelessly.  Replacing Comcast's modem with a store-bought was easy and everything worked.  Until I returned the Comcast modem to a Comcast service shop.  Next day, the Stream app on all my smart TVs slowed then stopped loading.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Stream app, and it needed activation code. After processing that, I get this message on Stream app: "this device can only access Xfinity stream on your in-home Xfinity Network..."

would you run the smart device app Xfinity my account? sign in and go to internet, then click on the gateway/modem. compare the shown 'serial number' to your modem/gateway's HFC MAC address. is it exact character by character?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I kept clicking on that and it's giving the model number of the now-missing Xfinity modem.

My internet connection is working fine and all my devices are online through it.  i can log into the router's admin system, but according to Comcast's app, it's looking for the old Xfinity modem?  But, I called customer service and they have my non-Xfinity modem listed under my account!!

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for the complete answer. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to implement it... My whole neighborhood went down, and when it came back up and i had the SAME problem, customer service was able to fix it with a simple check that had previously failed to work. I HAVE NO IDEA, but I'm happy that it works now.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here