omatic73's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 5:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream HD

Hello. I use Xfinity Stream Beta on my roku. All of my channels are in HD, except for the additional premium channels of Starz and Showtime. StarzHD and ShowtimeHD broadcast in HD, but not the other Starz and Showtime channels. I can find the same movie On Demand and watch it in HD, but no live HD. I don’t understand. Please help.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@omatic73 wrote:
Hello. I use Xfinity Stream Beta on my roku. All of my channels are in HD, except for the additional premium channels of Starz and Showtime. StarzHD and ShowtimeHD broadcast in HD, but not the other Starz and Showtime channels. I can find the same movie On Demand and watch it in HD, but no live HD. I don’t understand. Please help.

there is limited space for linear channels. The Roku does not have access to the TVgo channels (the HD IPTV streams) at this time probably since the beta is 'free' to use at this time. Watch for announcements on your monthly billing statement for new channels added in the upper channel numbers as one or more may offer HD versions of the channels you mentioned. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

But, I pay for instant tv. Shouldn’t that give me HD to all the channels? I mean, how do you explain HD On Demand for the same movie?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@omatic73 wrote:
But, I pay for instant tv. Shouldn’t that give me HD to all the channels? I mean, how do you explain HD On Demand for the same movie?

the secondary channels were added much later.  they only had east coast and copy 2 hours delayed west coast. the cable systems added the 'extra' channels later. On demand HBO is easy to watch and takes up no DVR space.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here