dsidle's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Monday, October 12th, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream Beta starts in HD and goes to SD on Roku Ultra

I recently switched to Xfinty Stream Beta from ATT TV streaming.  I have 2 Roku Ultras.  Internet connection is excellent, in fact one is wired by ethernet.  When I start or switch channels on Xfinity Stream Beta, it starts in HD but switched back to SD in 10 seconds.  ATTTV, Prime, Netflix all can stream HD and 4K with no problem.  So the issues is with Xfinity Stream Beta.  What am I doing wrong?  Why does it keep resetting to SD after launching in HD?  THanks.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@dsidle wrote:

I recently switched to Xfinty Stream Beta from ATT TV streaming.  I have 2 Roku Ultras.  Internet connection is excellent, in fact one is wired by ethernet.  When I start or switch channels on Xfinity Stream Beta, it starts in HD but switched back to SD in 10 seconds.  ATTTV, Prime, Netflix all can stream HD and 4K with no problem.  So the issues is with Xfinity Stream Beta.  What am I doing wrong?  Why does it keep resetting to SD after launching in HD?  THanks.

is your TV notifying you the roku switched from 720p/1080p to some lower number?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

No notification.  You can just clearly see the stream switches from HD down to SD (image becomes more blurry) after about 5 to 10 seconds.  Occasionally, it switches back to HD after a minute or so, but not always.  Like I said, the internet connection is excellent and this problem does not occur using any other app on Roku.  .

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for reporting this, @dsidle! We have a ticket open for this issue and our team is working on addressing this in an upcoming release.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I've been experiencing this for a couple months now too. I am turning further and further away from the xfinity app and instead using the network specific apps. I'd prefer to have xfinity working again, but then again I'm finding lots of good features in the other apps (like pause live TV).
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here