Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Beta on LG TVs does not work

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Xfinity Stream Beta on LG TVs does not work

Hello,

I recently signed up with Xfinity and was excited about the ability to stream Live TV without having an actual cable box.  I got the stream app set up on my mobile device and Samsung TV, however when I put the app on my two LG TVs, the Live TV is basically unwatchable.  I worked with Comcast to trouble shoot and they even had a tech come out to try and fix it, but it is still not functioning.  The video is all choppy and the audio is in and out.  This is only happening on my LG TVs.  I was just wondering if this is a problem with the app and is it going to be fixed soon?  I don't want to go out and buy a Roku stick for a Smart TV since that is the entire reason I bought a smart TV in the first place.

Thank you

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta on LG TVs does not work

What model LG TV do you have and where did you get the Xfinity Stream Beta app?  When I go to LG Content Store on my LG 43LF5900 there is NO Xfinity Stream app (regular or Beta) available.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@jav6joev wrote:

What model LG TV do you have and where did you get the Xfinity Stream Beta app?  When I go to LG Content Store on my LG 43LF5900 there is NO Xfinity Stream app (regular or Beta) available.

I have 2 different LG TVs.  Not sure on the model at the moment, but both TVs had the beta app in the LG store.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

My LG TV is older and the Xfinity Stream app probably isn't supported.  I've encountered this with other apps and my other smaller LG TV's.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

I assume you read this?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@RobertWy wrote:

I assume you read this?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs

Sure did.  Also worked with a tech for a couple hours and then had an additional tech come out to the house.  No resolution.  I am just hoping one of the app developers sees this so they can find out what is wrong with the app on LG TVs.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am currently tangling with the same issue. Both my LG 50 " TV's have decided to not load the app as of a few days ago. The app has worked fine up to that time. 8 mos. actually. They say they are working on it. I have back tracked to my Roku units which work flawlessly. Stay tuned.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue on my lgtv.  Comcast - any ETA on when this will be resolved?

Highlighted
Expert

@laugustus wrote:

I have the same issue on my lgtv.  Comcast - any ETA on when this will be resolved?

what model number is your LG tv? did you download the app directly from your TV's software store?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes - I downloaded it from the lg tv store

Highlighted
New Poster

I know it's not the answer your looking for but the SD channels work fine. I've got 2 TV's that are on the model list and every HD channels just sits there skipping and buffering but if your in a pinch there's always the SD channels.
Highlighted
New Poster

It looks like 2 separate issues in this forum. I was able to see all my channels for months than the LG app stopped working completely. It just asks me to check my network settings. I deleted it to redownload and still the same message. Wont let me login again. Its the app that is having issues. Who do we talk to about this? Xfinity or LG?
Highlighted
Expert

@Atinom6688 wrote:
It looks like 2 separate issues in this forum. I was able to see all my channels for months than the LG app stopped working completely. It just asks me to check my network settings. I deleted it to redownload and still the same message. Wont let me login again. Its the app that is having issues. Who do we talk to about this? Xfinity or LG?

you might try resetting the LG to factory specifications then installing the app again.  after the reset be sure to power unplug the television from AC for 30-60 seconds after it resets.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

hello

Any solution to the issue on the LG TV just staying on the Welcome screen on the Beta version?  I cannot select the Get Started Button and it stays on the screen ..

Thanks

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue and I'm not sure what the problem is.  I have the LG webOS TV UM7300PUA.  When I click on the "Get Started" button after installing the app on the tv, nothing happens.  

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same problem, I have LGwebOS on my OLED TV and the app freezes on the welcome screen so when I click on the get started button nothing happens the app is frozen. On Roku the app works but not on my LG TV and my TV is supposed to work. I called xfinity and spoke to three tech the last was a level 3 national rep and they told me it was an LG firmware issue. I am on the latest firmware for my TV. They don’t appear to be looking at fixing this issue and seemed surprised that I was having it despite the fact I showed them several web threads reporting the same problem. One person claimed they fixed this by plugging their tv into the Ethernet cable directly from the modem and setting up the app and then they were able to get Wifi to work. I would need a 60 foot Ethernet cable to do this or to carry my tv to another room. If anyone gets a fix to this issue please post. Also it would be helpful if someone confirms that the direct connection to Ethernet cable works before I take my tv off the mount or buy a massive cable. I am currently back to using Roku xfinity app but Roku 4 is terrible, no volume control, you can’t turn it off without navigating a million menus and it crashes all the time. If only they had an Apple TV app.
Highlighted
Expert

check to see if your TV's firmware is up-to-date. unplug TV for 3 or so minutes and plug back in. uninstall the app and re-download it from the TV's App store and sign in. be sure to accept the terms and conditions or the app will not function.

Highlighted
New Poster

I started having the same problem yesterday. I have used the app for months and now it stopped working. The tv is up to date ad I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. It takes me to the Xfinity Get Started page but after I go through the authorization process, it says the device can only access Xfinity stream on you I -home Xfinity network... (which I would think it is on since I authorized it?). It then makes me exit the app as the only option. I can’t seem to figure out what changed.
Highlighted
Expert

@JViews wrote:
I started having the same problem yesterday. I have used the app for months and now it stopped working. The tv is up to date ad I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. It takes me to the Xfinity Get Started page but after I go through the authorization process, it says the device can only access Xfinity stream on you I -home Xfinity network... (which I would think it is on since I authorized it?). It then makes me exit the app as the only option. I can’t seem to figure out what changed.

using a smart phone/tablet that works with the stream app, go to wifi settings and observe the name of the Wifi network that device is connected. then go to the TV's wireless setup and find the network settings and make sure the TV has the same wifi network name. do not change or use any VPN or different DNS server. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you for responding. My connection works fine on the TV, I can access everything else but starting the other day, the Xfinity app stopped working. Do you have any ideas of what I can do to get it working again? I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it along with checking other settings.
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Highlighted
Expert

@JViews wrote:
Thank you for responding. My connection works fine on the TV, I can access everything else but starting the other day, the Xfinity app stopped working. Do you have any ideas of what I can do to get it working again? I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it along with checking other settings.
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

please follow the steps above are reply with the results.

Highlighted
New Poster

I verified that they have the same WiFi information listed.
Highlighted
Expert

@JViews wrote:
I verified that they have the same WiFi information listed.

you might try doing a factory reset on the TV and then starting over with the install of the xfinit stream beta app.

Highlighted
New Poster

I was able to resolve this. I had the same error and couldn’t figure it out, until I read about this on another thread. Instead of using the arrow to press the Get Started, wait till the arrow disappears and then hit the enter button. It should click the Get Started now. You just can’t have the arrow on the screen when you hit the enter button on remote.

This worked for me, hope it helps others.

Highlighted
New Poster

Did you resolve this? I worked for multiple hours with xfinity. Finally got an LG agent and you need to use your arrows and not the remote wheel to select Get Started. Try that! He also had me unplug tv, hold power button directly on the tv for 20 secs, plus back in and the app will update.
Highlighted
New Poster

I struggled with this too - ther red/orange "arrow" wouldn't activate the "get started" button.

I turned off the TV, found this thread, turned on the TV and went back to the Xfinity app.

This time the arrow not there, used the arrow pad on the remote until I got the "get started" highlighted in white.

Pressed the scroll button.

Success!

Daft app, thanks for the hints to get past this issue!