Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Beta app on LG OLED stopped working

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Xfinity Stream Beta app on LG OLED stopped working

I have been using the Xfinity Stream Beta on two LG OLED smart TV's,  for several months. it stopped working yesterday. I've tried several fixes, uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, checked the network, unplugged the TV.  Now when I try to a open the app the screen goes black and it says "Loading". 

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity stream app on LG

Yesterday the xfinity stream app stopped working on my LG tv. It just has the word “loading” on the screen. I have unplugged the tv, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and when I launch it, it still just has the word “loading” on the screen. Any suggestions??
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta app on LG OLED stopped working

Ours has done the same. Stopped working yesterday and just says loading. I've tried reinstalling app, unplugging tv. No updates available. I dont know what's happened?
Highlighted
New Poster

Same here. Started 9/24.

Highlighted
New Poster

Same here. Come on XFINITY.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

+1. Used the app for the first time Wednesday night and when I tried to use it again Thursday I just got the 'loading' screen.

Highlighted
Expert

try power unplug and restart of your gateway modem (3+ minutes unplugged).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity stream app on LG

@ptamomof3 wrote:
Yesterday the xfinity stream app stopped working on my LG tv. It just has the word “loading” on the screen. I have unplugged the tv, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and when I launch it, it still just has the word “loading” on the screen. Any suggestions??

try unplugging the AC power from your gateway/modem for 3+ minutes then plug back in. fixed?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Same thing happened to me. I've been using the Xfinity Beta app for months on my LG TV and then it just stopped working today and now only shows "Loading". I reset my tv and reinstalled the app a couple times, but still doesn't work. So frustrating, does anyone know how to fix this?

Highlighted
New Poster

Same problem. Thought it would be resolved but still now working tonight
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Stopped working 9/24 and just says loading. I've reset TV to factory settings and reinstalled the app same results.  

Highlighted
New Poster

Any fix for this? We’ve tried everything. It’s not working.
Highlighted
New Poster

I have the same problem any resolution yet
Highlighted
New Poster

The same exact thing is happening tk me and I’ve unplugged uninstalled restarted everything etc

It won’t go past loading. Don’t know what else to do
Highlighted
New Poster

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I’ve even restarted my modem. Nothing! Very frustrating.
Highlighted
New Poster

Same issue. Using the streaming app no longer works and unstuck on loading screen.

We are Paying for service and not getting it. Xfinity we need a response to this issue asap!
Highlighted
New Poster

Same thing has happened to me. We've had the streaming app on this TV for at least two years. Customer service said a new update was rolled out on Monday, and they do not have a fix for it as of right now...perfect timing considering college football in full swing today.

For reference, my model is OLED65C7P

Highlighted
New Poster

This has no effect. I've restarted everything. Reset the TV to the original factory settings, still nothing. The app works on every other TV/device that I own, just not my OLED.

Highlighted
New Poster

Same. The only work around is using our Chromecast to cast from my iPhone xfinity stream app to the tv.
Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity app stuck on “loading” on my LG TV

It was working perfectly for about a week, and now it’s broken. I uninstalled the app a few times, reset the tv, and factory reset my LG tv.

I install the app, select it, and it reads “loading” I left my LG tv loading for hours and nothing happened.

I’m direct connected, all the other apps work perfectly fine, shame I just canceled YouTube tv, at least it worked.

I can’t load the app, uninstalling it fixed nothing, resetting my LG tv did nothing

Highlighted
New Poster

I’m having the exact same issue. I tried everything. It trash cuz I just canceled YouTube tv lol no sports for me this weekend
Highlighted
New Poster

Exact same issue and exact timing as you all. App has worked fine and for the last couple days, won’t go past the loading screen. I’ve attempted the same troubleshooting steps such as unplugging tv and modem along with deleting and reinstalling the app. Nothing has worked thus far. Following to see if anyone resolves it.
Highlighted
New Poster

I'm having the same issue. Have been using this app on this TV for well over a year.
Highlighted
New Poster

Same. Tried all troubleshooting mentioned. Called customer service and they reset my modem and some other stuff. Nothing worked. They were supposed to be escalating the issue to another department and that department was to call me back in an hour. Never heard back from anyone.
Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, having the same exact issue!  I've been using this app for months and months with no issues.. Now nothing.  Going to cancel my subscription if this doesn't get fixed soon!  Just says loading and nothing else!

Highlighted
New Poster

Same. I've been using this app on my lg oled  for about two years and then on 9/25/2020 it stopped working. Stuck on loading screen. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Same thing here.....loading. Unplug this and that not helping. Just on the one LG tv. Ugh!
Highlighted
New Poster

We found a Roku works, by I shouldn’t have to purchase another Roku... Comcast always worked on our LG previously... what’s happened that it’s not working now?
Highlighted
New Poster

Exactly the same thing is happening to me. The app just suddenly stopped working two days ago. When I launch it on my LG TV, it says "loading" and gets stuck. Looks like I'm not alone here. 

Xfinity - do you even READ these messages???  Clearly there's something seriously wrong with this app, and it's affecting all users wit LG smart TVs.

Highlighted
New Poster

NO. Unplugging the equipment does not fix the problem.

Highlighted
New Poster

Stream app stopped working

Worked with online chat support for hours with no resolution on why the streaming app

suddenly quit working on LG smart Tvs. Started 9/24. Xfinity supports says "don't know"

Highlighted
New Poster

Same here. Online with chat support, they can't figure it out. Says its my TV

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Mine went out earlier this week, xfinity said they will create a ticket and call me when the find out it’s not working.....or in basic terms go pound sand. Xfinity already dumped the app for the new Samsung TVs so LG getting bumped was probably just next on their list. No monthly box rental for people using app.
Highlighted
New Poster

Ya they told me it was my TV as well and that I should call the manufacturer. Lol why am I not having problems with other apps then?
Highlighted
New Poster

Mine also stopped working. Still no fix.
Highlighted
New Poster

Same my whole system built around not having a box of jotngonna be resolved sianora comcast cable
Highlighted
New Poster

Same thing with us - tried reinstalling app no dice.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I reset my LG TV to factory settings and reistalled the Netflix, Prime, Disney+ and Xfinity Stream apps. All but the Xfinity app work perfectly. The Xfinity app still hangs with "Loading" on the screen.

Interesting but the LG Content Store has updated the Netflix, Prime and Disney+ apps within the last week while the date for the Xfinity app is 4/20/2020.

Looks like Xfinity needs to update something with the app and/or LG need to get a recent update of the app.

Highlighted
New Poster

Bought LG so we can use the Xfinity beta app, worked for over a year and now we only get "loading"

does anyone know if this is going to get repaired or should we just finally throw in the towel with Comcast once and for all?!?

Highlighted
New Poster

Tried resetting modem, uninstalling and reinstalling app

it is not the tv. It is the app

Highlighted
New Poster

It’s good to know it’s not just me but the exact same thing has been happening. I wanted to watch football today so I’m NOT happy. There better be a fix soon!
Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity Stream Beta App on LG TV stop working. Please Fix!

Please update the Xfinity Stream Beta App for the LG TVs. It was working fine. Now, it says "loading" and never load. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, and also the internet is working fine. Restarted the TV.. everything! All the other apps are working just fine. Please FIX! 

Highlighted
New Poster

I had the same problem.  When is Xfinity going to do something about this?

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having this same issue.  The app works fine on my Roku TV's, but no longer gets past "loading" on my LG, which happens to be the TV I use the most.    Please fix this Comcast!!!

Highlighted
Official Employee

We have rolled back the change that we believe is responsible for this issue.

Please relaunch the application on your LG TV. If the issue persists, please uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Thanks you and have a great day.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Dn10 
@RajF 
@Irishjimmyward 
@crowag2010 
@Vness 
@Ineedhelp1023 
@Adamkboss 
@kbentley0712 
@Adrianne321 
@ACcecere 

Please relaunch the application on your LG TV. If the issue persists, please uninstall and reinstall the app.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Keonanl 
@Teverner 
@rdbentley56 
@james_persky 
@rjwichman 
@kothapet 
@Ike319 
@Fodor 
@imgpapaul 
@Tmichna 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Highlighted
New Poster

The same thing happened to me last several days ago!

Highlighted
New Poster

This does not work!  It appears multiple subscribers are having the same issue. This needs to be resolved or there will be lots of cancellations, requests for refunds and negative reviews.