Community Forum

Xfinity Stream App Won't Switch to Horizontal View

Highlighted
Contributor

Xfinity Stream App Won't Switch to Horizontal View

The stream app worked fine in April of this year. Now it won't switch from vertical to horizontal view when I tilt my phone or go into the settings. Instead, it shows the film as a tiny image running from one side of my phone screen to the other in the app in vertical.

 

Note: I made no changes to my phone, but a new version of the app did come out.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream App Won't Switch to Horizontal View


@Jhera wrote:

The stream app worked fine in April of this year. Now it won't switch from vertical to horizontal view when I tilt my phone or go into the settings. Instead, it shows the film as a tiny image running from one side of my phone screen to the other in the app in vertical.

 

Note: I made no changes to my phone, but a new version of the app did come out.


iOS? android?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Xfinity Stream App Won't Switch to Horizontal View

Android.

 

Note: I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and all other entertainment apps from other companies work just fine.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream App Won't Switch to Horizontal View


@Jhera wrote:

Android.

 

Note: I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and all other entertainment apps from other companies work just fine.


the android stream app 'honors' the android setting's app, display, auto-rotate. Ijust checked 3 different android phones and a fire tablet and all rotate normally (just checked). have you tried the power off restart of the android device (not just 'lock')?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Xfinity Stream App Won't Switch to Horizontal View

Yes. And it's great that the app is working on your Android devices. But, again, it's not working on mine, which is only a year old and all other apps are working FINE. If the other apps were also not working, I might think it was my phone, but here I am. Additionally, the streaming app won't even offer me a manual option (icon, button, etc.) to open to full screen. 

 

My hope with posting here was that a Comcast employee or someone else who is actually having this problem will reach out to me. 

 

Thank you for trying though. I appreciate it.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream App Won't Switch to Horizontal View


@Jhera wrote:

Yes. And it's great that the app is working on your Android devices. But, again, it's not working on mine, which is only a year old and all other apps are working FINE. If the other apps were also not working, I might think it was my phone, but here I am. Additionally, the streaming app won't even offer me a manual option (icon, button, etc.) to open to full screen. 

 

My hope with posting here was that a Comcast employee or someone else who is actually having this problem will reach out to me. 

 

Thank you for trying though. I appreciate it.


did you go into the android setting's app, display options, auto-rotate to be sure set to on?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Xfinity Stream App Won't Switch to Horizontal View

Please stop replying to me. At this point, you're not even reading my comments.

 

Obviously the auto-rotate is ON if it's working with ALL other apps and programs on my phone.

 

 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream App Won't Switch to Horizontal View

I am having the same problem on my iPhone...xfinity (only) won’t rotate. Did you ever figure out your issue because I’d love to know how to fix it?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream App Won't Switch to Horizontal View


@crwoodard13333 wrote:
I am having the same problem on my iPhone...xfinity (only) won’t rotate. Did you ever figure out your issue because I’d love to know how to fix it?

which iphone and iOS ? the drop down screen that adjusts brightness or turns offf wireless has an orientation lock. turn it off.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream App Won't Switch to Horizontal View

I don't know about Android but I'm guessing it's similiar.  I had the same problem on my iphone.  Sure enough the settings drop down that has your flashlighht, bluetooth, wifi etc. in ithas a Lock With an arrow cirlce around it.  It is called Potrait orientation.  Turning it off allowed me to turn my Xfinity app horizontally and it worked.