gentzy's profile

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

Friday, May 1st, 2020 9:00 PM

Closed

Streaming app not working on my iphone

Xfinity

I have seen others have posted this problem but i haven't seen a solution.

I have contacted support via telephone and after HOURS of troubleshooting, nothing worked.

I have reinstalled and installed my app several times.  Connected and reconnected my wifi. I even reset my iphone to no avail.....any suggestions?????

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@gentzy wrote:

Xfinity

I have seen others have posted this problem but i haven't seen a solution.

I have contacted support via telephone and after HOURS of troubleshooting, nothing worked.

I have reinstalled and installed my app several times.  Connected and reconnected my wifi. I even reset my iphone to no avail.....any suggestions?????

what is your phone's operating system? what version? is it an original OS or some kind of developer type?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Ipad go to setting under privacy and allow xfinity location post and share

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

it's an iphone 11, with the latest ios 13.4.1 software update

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Ipad go to setting under privacy and allow xfinity location post and share

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@gentzy wrote:

it's an iphone 11, with the latest ios 13.4.1 software update

ok i've got the iphone 11 pro and it works fine. go to the app and select the hamburger and then settings (gear). go down to sign out and sign out. exit the app. find the icon of the app on a home screen page and long press until it shakes. press the red x or delete option. after removed, power down the phone (not just lock it) by long-pressing the power button until slide 'off' appears on the screen and power it down. after two or so minutes, power the phone back on and reinstall the app. sign in, and be sure to accept the terms and conditions. now works?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hello @gentzy,

Can you tell me more about what difficulties you are experiencing on the iOS Stream App so we can look further into the issue?

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I'm also have trouble with the stream app on my iPhone 11.  I've been getting the error code "Playback Issue :: TVAPP-00261  A DRM error has occurred. Please try restarting this video stream."  This doesn't impact the TVGo channels, I'm able to stream those just fine.

It starting happening off and on on May 2nd, and now continously getting that error since the early AM on May 3rd.

Also the Roku app isnt working, it just goes to a blank screen when selecting a channel but no error code pops up.

It is still happening on the latest iOS app update v5.14.1.1644.

This is happening on multiple devices, with different logins under the same Xfinity account.  Getting the same TVAPP-00261 error on my iPad.  On my laptop via Chrome, I get an error "This video cannot be played   We've run into a problem while streaming  Airdate: 5/4 (Error TVAPP-00281)"

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I have tried that and it still doesn't work.  Reset settings on my iPhone too to no avail. 

the odd thing is when I install the app I get the icon on my home screen but if I go to iPhone settings it does not list that app as installed.  I think that's some of the problem but don't know how to fix. 😞

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I have tried that and it still doesn't work.  Reset settings on my iPhone too to no avail. 

the odd thing is when I install the app I get the icon on my home screen but if I go to iPhone settings it does not list that app as installed.  I think that's some of the problem but don't know how to fix. 😞

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

iPhone 11.  Latest uodate

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I can't access it at all.  Error just says something went wrong. Please try again. 

the odd thing is the streaming app is on my home screen after I install but if I go to my iPhone settings and scroll down to see all my apps it isn't there????

Official Employee

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @gentzy,

This sounds like an app download issue. At this time, the suggestion is to folloq the below steps:

1. Delete the Xfinity Stream App from your device
  2. Complete a forced restart  on your device 
  3. Reinstall app

Please reach out if you need anymore assistance. Thanks.

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Still not working.  Even signed out of iCloud and tried.   Grrrrrrrr

Official Employee

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

Hello @gentzy,

Very sorry to hear that the suggested solution didn't work. We've taken another look and unfortunately there are no further suggestions we can offer other than reaching out to Apple Tech Support. Our visibility is limited because the app can not fully initialize. 

We always appreciate you reaching out and wish there was more we could do.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Will this be escalated in anyway? Any contact between Apple/Xfinity?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hello @giz11,

We have escalated this to the extent that we are able to. There will not be any interfacing between Apple and Comcast regading this. This issue is happening on the device level and must be escalated by individual users to Apple.

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

My problem might have been differnet, and might have been an isolated case.  I was able to get my problem resolved via support on Twitter.  Required support person to do something on their end to the DVR and for me to manually re-boot the DVR and all the cable boxes.  I never would have suspected my cable boxes had anything to do with live tv in Stream app.

@gentzy wrote:

I can't access it at all.  Error just says something went wrong. Please try again. 

the odd thing is the streaming app is on my home screen after I install but if I go to my iPhone settings and scroll down to see all my apps it isn't there????

@gentzy I reccomend you provide a more detailed description of the problem you are having, and the steps to reproduce the issue.  Are there any error codes? Are you able to provide screenshots of the "something went wrong message".

I highly doubt there is a problem installing the app on your device.   As you said the app appears on your home screen.  And it is normal for the app to not appear right away in the iOS settings app, sometimes it will appear only after the app is launched and requests permission for location/notifications etc.  Also note it would be under "Stream" and not Comcast or Xfinity in the iOS settings app.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here