lr19's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 8th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Stream app programs will not switch to horizontal

I have an iPhone 11 and when I try to view any Xfinity streaming my screen will on show in small vertical space. It will not switch to horizontal when phone is switched like other apps that do work. I can’t even get a full vertical screen. Annoying to try to watch anything this small. Does anyone know of a fix?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@lr19 wrote:
I have an iPhone 11 and when I try to view any Xfinity streaming my screen will on show in small vertical space. It will not switch to horizontal when phone is switched like other apps that do work. I can’t even get a full vertical screen. Annoying to try to watch anything this small. Does anyone know of a fix?

press the power and volume down buttons at the same time and slide the power off button on the screen when it appears. after 2-3 minutes of being powered down, press the power button for 3-5 seconds and the apple icon will appear. try the app now. working?

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

Hello @lr19, sorry for the inconvenient experience, have you made sure that your screen rotation is not locked on your iPhone while attempting to switch to horizontal view?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Yes all other apps will switch except xfinity streaming app.

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

@lr19 thank you for confirming. Have you tried restarting your iPhone? After restarting iPhone, please make sure orientation lock is disabled (see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204547) and relaunch Stream app. Please let us know if the issue persists.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Deleting XFINITY stream app & turning iPhone off then on does not work to view streaming in horizontal view mode

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Flatfield wrote:
Deleting XFINITY stream app & turning iPhone off then on does not work to view streaming in horizontal view mode

you are correct that is not a fix for the issue. you must use your android/iOS orientation setting to allow horizontal rotation of videos. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here