jw581's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, November 4th, 2019 5:00 PM

Closed

Stream app only showing purchases on both Roku and Samsung smart tv

I have two cable boxes and two Roku sticks, all of which have worked perfectly for several months.  I have not changed anything at all.  Today, I turned on the tv in our guest room, which has one of the Roku sticks and it asked me to “authorize” my Roku.  I haven’t used the tv in a month or so.  After authorizing the Roku, it only shows two purchased movies, one from 2014 and one from 2017.  There is no live content available.  I deleted the app, rebooted the Roku, and reinstalled the app and have the same problem.  I called Xfinity and they can’t see any issue with my account.  The tech said he would investigate and call me back.  I then went to my master bedroom, where we were watching tv on the app earlier today with no problem.  It now also only shows those same two movies — no live content.  I tried installing the streaming app on my Samsung smart tv and when I authorized that, it also only shows the two purchased movies.  It’s been a couple hours and so far the tech has not called me back, so I thought I’d ask for help here.  Thanks!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

So, today I spent another 45-50 minutes on the phone with xfinity support.  They kept saying the problem was because of an outage and they needed to send a signal to my modem.  That didn’t work, so I asked to be transferred, but they said I was with advanced support and they would be able to fix it.  She had me uninstall the app, reboot Roku, reinstall.  That didn’t work.  Then she had me uninstall, reset the Roku to factory settings and sign in with a different user name.  That didn’t work.

she then put me on hold while she was talking to someone else.  While I was on hold, I thought maybe if I signed In to Xfinity with a secondary user name, that would work.  While I was on hold, I removed the Xfinity App from Roku, and signed out of my xfinity account.  Then I reinstalled the app.  When I opened the app and went through the authorization process on my iPad, it asked me to log in to my Xfinity account.  I logged in with a secondary user name, NOT the one I had been using, but one that accessed the same account (user “name” instead of email address).  That solved the problem.  Hope this helps others with the problem.  You should be able to set up a secondary log in to your Xfinity account and then use that when you authorize your streaming app.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

im having the same problem. how did you fix it?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@jw581 wrote:

I have two cable boxes and two Roku sticks, all of which have worked perfectly for several months.  I have not changed anything at all.  Today, I turned on the tv in our guest room, which has one of the Roku sticks and it asked me to “authorize” my Roku.  I haven’t used the tv in a month or so.  After authorizing the Roku, it only shows two purchased movies, one from 2014 and one from 2017.  There is no live content available.  I deleted the app, rebooted the Roku, and reinstalled the app and have the same problem.  I called Xfinity and they can’t see any issue with my account.  The tech said he would investigate and call me back.  I then went to my master bedroom, where we were watching tv on the app earlier today with no problem.  It now also only shows those same two movies — no live content.  I tried installing the streaming app on my Samsung smart tv and when I authorized that, it also only shows the two purchased movies.  It’s been a couple hours and so far the tech has not called me back, so I thought I’d ask for help here.  Thanks!

Hi, I moved your post to the stream app area of the forum. does a desk/laptop or a smart phone/tablet stream normally? have you moved recently? changed your gateway/modem?

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you.  I have not moved, changed equipment, or anything on the account.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

It has not been fixed yet.  I tried calling Xfinity again today, but they said there was an outage in my area and a tech could not talk to me until after the outage was resolved.  All of my services, except the streaming on Roku and Samsung, we’re working fine all day today.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Also, streaming works fine on my iPad, just not my Roku or Samsung smart tv

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@jw581 wrote:

Also, streaming works fine on my iPad, just not my Roku or Samsung smart tv

call 800-Comcast. select TV technical support. ask the agent to transfer you to the app support team. ask that team member to refresh your app entitlements. (this is not an account refresh on your local X1 set top box menu, it is not a 'signal sent to your home equipment' just in case they start talking about that.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@jw581 wrote:

I tried calling.  They said they refreshed my modem and “account”.  Streaming still does not work on Roku or smart tv.  They said it was an “outage” that they are working to repair.  I’ll try again tomorrow.  Very frustrating!

you did not reach the app support team. has nothing to do with your modem or home set top box.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I tried calling.  They said they refreshed my modem and “account”.  Streaming still does not work on Roku or smart tv.  They said it was an “outage” that they are working to repair.  I’ll try again tomorrow.  Very frustrating!

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I kept asking for the app support team.  They transferred me once, but I think you’re right.  I asked several times, quoting exactly what you said.  I will try again today.  Thank you!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Coffeestains wrote:

Having the same problem...I tried the second account, still didnt work. I cant get through the phone lines either =(

when you try using a smart phone/tablet, does the stream app work? 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Having the same problem...I tried the second account, still didnt work. I cant get through the phone lines either =(

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I know this is an old discussion, but I want to follow up that I experienced this issue in May 2020 and was able to get it resolved, although not specifically in the method that Rustyben explained. I had recently moved from one address to the other. When you move, Comcast creates a new account for you, and this is very clunky. My billing was a mess for a month, for instance. Regardless, I now understand that the Xfinity app on my Roku was authenticating against my old address. To resolve this, I did the following:

- Near the top-right, there should be an Accounts drop-down where you can choose both your old and new accounts/addresses; from here, choose "Manage or Link Accounts"

- On the following page, your old address is probably set as "PRIMARY"; click "Make This Primary" for your new address

- On your Roku, if the app is already installed, you'll need to re-authorize; the best way to do this is to delete the app and install it again

- When authorizing the app, it will give you an authorization code that you enter at xfinity.com/authorize; this time, it should authorize against your *new* primary account

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, having the same problem with xfinity roku app only loading purchases screen. Have tried resetting modem, updating roku app, removing xfinity app and reloading it. However same problem on two roku devices(model#3910x and model#3930x)

Any insight to correct? 

Thank you

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’m having same problem how do we fix please help
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here